Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #6666 (permalink)
Evan Stays TRIPPY
Still the GOAT

Evan Stays TRIPPY Evan Stays TRIPPY Evan Stays TRIPPY Evan Stays TRIPPY Evan Stays TRIPPY Evan Stays TRIPPY Evan Stays TRIPPY Evan Stays TRIPPY Evan Stays TRIPPY Evan Stays TRIPPY Evan Stays TRIPPY
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

The Top 100 WWE Championship PPV Matches Ever : 20-11

"Welcome back Kurt Angle!"

Brock Lesnar vs The Big Show vs Kurt Angle (Vengeance 2003) : **** 1/2

"OH MY GOD! UMAGA'S FROTHING FROM THE MOUTH!"

John Cena vs Umaga (Last Man Standing ; Royal Rumble 2007) : **** 1/2

"BEST IN THE WOOORRRLLLDDDDDD!"

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho (Wrestlemania XXVIII) : **** 1/2

17. (TIE)

"The Bloody rematch continues!"

Bret Hart vs The British Bulldog (In Your House V) : **** 1/2

"Bret Hart has the small package SYNCHED!"

Diesel vs Bret Hart (Survivor Series 1995) : **** 1/2

"More technical then the previous month's matchup"

CM Punk vs John Cena (Summerslam 2011) : **** 1/2

"MY GAWD! Cactus Jack has lost his mind!"

Triple H vs Cactus Jack (Hell in a Cell ; No Way Out 2000) : **** 1/2

"Now BACK from the dead...."

The Rock vs Triple H (Ironman Match ; Judgment Day 2000) : **** 1/2

"Eddie Guerrero is a POSSESSED man tonight!"

Eddie Guerrero vs JBL (Judgment Day 2004) : **** 1/2

"Listen to this crowd..Half on the Hitman's side...The other half supporting the Undertaker!"

Bret Hart vs The Undertaker (One Night Only 1997) : **** 1/2

"When I see your old lady, I'm going to give her a kiss on those soft, moist lips...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (Wrestlemania VIII) : **** 1/2

AAANYYYWAYSSS..... I have a few things that I need to address. Choketodeath, I love your shit man, but I don't like this perception that just because a match is older that it's necessarily better than a match of higher quality from a more recent time... I watched every single match on this list atleast twice, so when I rank matches I don't look at the years, I just go with what I believe is legitimately better. For instance, I believe that Rock/Benoit fans (mostly ROCK) vastly overrate Benoit/Rock. While it's a fucking awesome match, I can name close to 10 Benoit matches from 2004 that are better.

Sure there are alot of matches on this last from 11-12 , but that's because Punk's reign (workrate wise) has been better then about 90 percent of title reigns ever in terms of match quality. I can think about 2-3 reigns that are up there with it, but I'm not just going to discredit Punk because he's been putting on classic after classic RECENTLY. It's irrelevant to me when the match actually takes place, just whether or not it's a good match or not. I just hate it when people are hesitant to place a match in their top (insert number here) list because it happened recently. That'd be like me saying that (for those of you who watch the NFL) Cam Newton broke a ton of NFL rookie passing/rushing TD/Yard records , but we have to wait a few years before we compare it to other all time great rookie QB seasons. It's completely absurd.....For instance, two of my top five matches EVER have taken place in 09-12 (Taker-HBK WM matches).

To each his own I guess. I just don't like when we hold historical matches in higher regard JUST because they're historical. I've incoherently rambled on for long enough, so I guess I'm going to shut my mouth now. On a side not, I'd love to hear what you think of Punk's 11-12 WWE Championship matches and how they compare all time, as well as discuss 20-11 on my list and what could potentially be the top 10. LOVE YOU GUYS !

"He's not the biggest. He was never the strongest. He was never the fastest. He was overlooked. He went in the sixth round. So with that being said, all of the intangibles that a quarterback is supposed to have, they overlooked it with him because it was burning from inside of him" - Ray Lewis on Tom Brady

Last edited by Evan Stays TRIPPY : 10-03-2012 at 01:39 PM.