Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - PPV Name You want to Return?

View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Shaun_27
Little Poppa Pump

Shaun_27 needs to take rep more seriousShaun_27 needs to take rep more seriousShaun_27 needs to take rep more seriousShaun_27 needs to take rep more seriousShaun_27 needs to take rep more seriousShaun_27 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: PPV Name You want to Return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Morrison View Post
why are people so nostalgic about PPV names? its just a name, has nothing to do with the quality of the show. The only ones that need to stay are the big four.
As said above, the name has relevance to whats on the show, whether it be certain match types or stipulations to even the layout of the set (I always think of sharp blades at Backlash, or a throne at KOTR)

I do feel certain PPV's have It does add a certain prestige and history you dont get at "Capitol Punishment", no matter how small i always liked it when they say things like "Backlash is a great event for XXXX, he's now 4-0 at the event" and "XXXX debuted at this event way back in 2002". Sure its just the name, but by changing it every year you lose that.