Wrestling Forum banner

Officials Very High on Cesaro and See Money in him

15K views 157 replies 119 participants last post by  HEELKris 
#1 ·
- WWE officials are very high on United States Champion Antonio Cesaro. WWE feels they will make a lot of money off Cesaro in the future so expect his push to continue.

Some feel that WWE wanted to do right by Cesaro and that's why they hired his girlfriend Sara Del Rey as a developmental trainer.
Source: lordsofpain.net

As I expected with the influx of former ROH talent in the wwe, management seems to have pulled the stick out their asses with the successes of Bryan and Punk and will now value these indy talents as their crown jewels.

#103 ·
I think, with the current crop of Superstars, WWE should focus on Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow & Hunico if they're looking for fresh faces. I think Hunico could potentially do what neither Sin Cara or Alberto Del Rio have been able to do & Cesaro & Sandow aren't damaged goods from years of bad booking already. Move those guys up, not to main event, just up so that they're on every show, including Pay-Per-View. Then at the top, you can still cycle around guys like C.M. Punk, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, The Big Show, Kane, a returning (maybe) Mark Henry & Randy Orton.

I would "give up" on Ryback, Sheamus, Sin Cara, Wade Barrett, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz & Brodus Clay. That's not to say that they don't have a place on the card or should not still be used but I wouldn't try any of them at the top of the card, or in some cases, the top of the card again.

Then there's guys that I just have no clue what to do with, like David Otunga, Kofi Kingston, Alex Riley or Cody Rhodes. I think Ricardo Rodriguez could get really over as a babyface, so either turn ADR or get RR away from him. I'm not sure how that translates into money but that's WWE's job. He's a funny guy, people will cheer him.

The guys you want coming up, you give wins over the guys you want going down, like Cesaro beatin Clay clean. But that also gives you new credible faces to cycle around on TV with the top guys that you're also cycling around. So instead of getting John Cena beating The Miz for the 200th time, you can have John Cena Vs. Cesaro or Sandow for the first time.

There's a few guys, like Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel that I see a ton of talent in but I just don't think WWE ever wants to really do anything with them.

The one line of thought that I keep going back to is that if you have a bunch of top guys you have to pay a bunch of top guys top money. If it's just the John Cena show, you just have to pay John Cena. I think that's a very dated philosophy as I'm not a believer that one person sells a card anymore but I don't doubt that is the mentality that Vince McMahon still holds.

#110 ·
For everybody complaining about his current gimmick, just wait. He's been in WWE for what, nine months? For much of HBK's formative years he was wearing neon yellow pants and tagging with Marty Jannety, and it took him a good five years or so to get anywhere.

Not comparing the two, I just think people need to lay off and be patient for what he can do in the future. Lame gimmick now =/= lame gimmick later.

#112 ·
I like the guy and I think he has a good look. Pretty muscular and strong too. Would love to see him ditch the Five Languages thing and talk crap instead in the future. He has potential indeed.

#114 ·
His gimmick with the 5 languages is awful, and now that Aksana in gone I would imagine that part of his character will go away. However, I also feel that part of his character revolves around strong booking. Will the WWE just leave his victory over Brodus Clay as it was, and move on? I say follow up, and in fact Antonio should taunt him each week, and say things like he is going to take his ladies, and make "Swiss Chocolate" happen. Having a clean win over him makes sense, and then taunting him because he is the "heel" champion makes sense, and possibly helps Clay go about a slight change in his character, possibly a bit more aggressive.

Have Cesaro sit ring side, and work on color commentary for a few weeks. Push a story between the two men, and allow Cesaro to go over Brodus Clay. Clay doesn't need the "rub" because Cesaro isn't exactly a rub even with a title especially when you have already jobbed to him cleanly. The "rub" comes in the form of a Brodus Clay "job" to the current United States Champion, Antonio Cesaro. Like I said before he should praise the United States title, and the United States. Reminding us that The United States is the dominant force in the world, and so that mean he is as well because he is the proud United States title holder. Cesaro claims that the United States title is proof that he is the greatest American alive, and that one day he will be the greatest "World" Heavyweight Champion of all time.

#117 ·
If this is true Im very happy, I've been a fan of his for ages and am glad to see this. I love how JR put him over huge on RAW with that Neutralizer, that was damn impressive. The main event is packed atm though so I'd like to see him in the midcard for a years and get a great build up. Have him hold the U.S Championship for another say 4-6 months, then when he drops it I say bring up Kassius Ohno from FCW and reform KOW. Its an absolute must that the two of them team up. Have them dominate the Tag Division for atleast 2 years, then at the end Cesaro can be ready to challenge for a World title, and Ohno is an established midcard title contender. I just really wanna see a Tag Team run with Ohno & Cesaro. Cesaro's still young so a few years building himself up in the midcard wont kill his career, I dont want him hotshotted into the main event.

#119 ·
I don't understand why people say he's boring or bland. I personally think his gimmick is right where it needs to be. His wrestling ability is amazing and he's great on the mic. He doesn't need a flashy gimmick. His gimmick is a lack of one. His intelligence and his ability is meant to speak for itself...and it does.

#128 ·
Sorry but Cesaro hasn't done anything to impress. I think he's talented but like I said, he's done nothing really to show off his talent. Typical of a guy that WWE is pushing heavily. They get everything jus handed to them and they just constant;y shove them down our throats. Their pushes just don't feel natural unlike your Daniel Bryan or CM Punk.

Cesaro right now feels like how McIntyre was in the beginning. The guy they're just handing everything to on a silver platter and he has the presence of well I can't think of an analogy. Actually here's one, he has the presence of Ted Dibiase.

#130 ·
I think their are similarities in that both pushes don't do much for the performers, but there are also differences in the way they were handed. McIntyre got pretty heavily promoted after being put through fairly insipid feuds with R-Truth and Morrison, which earned him the wrath of many smarks and sparked little else than indifference from casuals. He wasn't ready at the time, and I say that as a fan of his. While Cesaro's push is as artifical and lifeless as McIntyre's, his comes at a time where the US champion position verges on undercard status at times.

Put simply, both pushes suck (most do). However, while they really forced McIntyre on the audience they're doing little with Cesaro at the moment.

#129 ·
I don't really get it. He's a great wrestler and all, but his mic work is kind of bad. Though i guess he still has potential.

#140 ·
There also was the "WWE is looking to give Tyson Kidd a push," report after he beat Tensai before MITB. Nothing came from it.

Most of the "reports" by wrestling sites are pure speculation or just obvious that the report is meaningless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.