Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)
View Single Post
post #6619 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 12:04 PM
-Skullbone-
In Jericho, we trust

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
I really hope the ratings continue to sink and at one point, TNA manages to get one over on WWE. It'll be epic because this company doesn't deserve to stay in business anymore. At least it seems like in TNA they have respect for the fans, unlike Vince and his old ass mind.

And despite what it seems like I've said in the past, Punk is not the sole person to blame for the ratings. He certainly doesn't help them (hence he's no draw) but I wouldn't say he's a "ratings killer". The whole show is just terrible and that's why the ratings go down every week.
Mate, I'm not a company loyalist by any means but saying they deserve to go out of business is overstepping the mark a tad. Forgive this sudden bout of PC, but the guys and gals that really, genuinely give it their all don't need to be held to such a statement based on what is ultimately management's final say. What's more, your enjoyment is likely to change at the drop of the hat when the 'E do step it up and appeal to your taste (whether they stumble into it or it's by design is irrelevant really).

The fact of the matter is that this company is still chugging along quite well in many aspects and this will probably be regarded as another slight obstacle they overcame in three to four weeks. I've been on these forums (sporadically) since 2006 and have seen a lot of posts of similar nature forecasting dark days ahead based on incidents the company would largely shrug off years later. Perhaps that is what irked me about your post: the hyperbole in response to the situation. One week you'll say they deserve to die out but it's very likely you and many others will come back in here in, say, three to four and say something along the lines of "well done WWE! You've really stepped it up since that one really bad show, keep it up, nice going, etc."

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome