Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - How does PWG afford to put on a supercard every month?

View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
horrorfan_1986
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

horrorfan_1986 horrorfan_1986 horrorfan_1986 horrorfan_1986 horrorfan_1986 horrorfan_1986 horrorfan_1986 horrorfan_1986 horrorfan_1986 horrorfan_1986 horrorfan_1986
Default Re: How does PWG afford to put on a supercard every month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chapo View Post
But if you remember for a period of time, they often used Low Ki, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley and a few others during or fresh off their TNA runs.
But all of those guys worked most of the usual indies. When the asking price became too high, they quickly stopped using Styles and Joe. In fact, they're the only ones that you mentioned that haven't worked a PWG show in the last couple of years. Not coincidentally, they're also the ones that rarely worked anywhere else besides TNA from 2007 on. Guys like MCMG have worked a ton of small places in the last few years.

Quote:
And I also didn't know they nearly went out of business, which ties into my original statement of either Excalibur or Super Dragon keeping the company afloat, as if I'm not mistaken, large part of the PWG 6 have stepped away from the business.
I doubt Dragon kept the company afloat. Between their break at the end of 2008 and the start of 2009, the company made a lot of changes. They cut down the number of shows by a lot, ditched the idea of ever doing an European Vacation again and they gave up working anywhere except for the Legion Hall in Reseda (Sole exception being for Kurt Russellreunion, but I imagine WrestleReunion pays a portion of that. Lastly, they even cut down on the number of fly-ins and began using locals (LTP, Johnny Goodtime, Cutlers, Brandon Gatson, CK Jackson and Ryan Taylor all debuted soon afterward) more often.
CM Punk in 2007 The Complete Year
Mike Awesome Collection
The Rock
Demolition
Saturday Night Main Event 1989
Piper's Pits
Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask (8 Match Series)
WCW CW Tag Team Tournament
Tully Blanchard Megapost
25 Days of Christmas Megapost
--------------------------------------------------
horrorfan_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote