Wrestling Forum banner

birthdays

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Lm2 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
no this isnt a whose birthday comin up thread. My 21st is coming up, everyones treating it like this big occasion and i really could fucking care less. its just another bitter dissapointment that reminds me once again theres a high chance i wont get what i want. Ive wanted the same thing for every birthday since i was a little kid, to see my real family to have them back, to be away from the piece of shit that calls himself my father who deserves to be locked away and to be away from my siblings who turned on their mum cause of his lies.

I know this sounds butt hurt and depressing and this is probably in the wrong place but i cant be the only one who feels this way, wanting something so bad and getting dissapointed so many times you just feel numb to everything.

Reactions: swagger_ROCKS
#4 ·
This definately shouldn't go to rants, as OP seems to have a serious situation that would just be mocked over there.

I really bad for you, OP. And here as a kid, I would get depressed when I didn't get a material thing I wanted for my birthday or Christmas. I hope things work out for you and just remember, through God, anything is possible. Just keep the faith.

#5 ·
Sounds like you're in a pretty bad head space right now. I hope things work out for you, sometimes you gotta make the best of a bad situation. Like the saying goes "when life gives you lemons make lemonade"

In the meantime it might be a good idea to keep an online journal or a diary getting all that shit out on paper might be quite therapeutic for you. I used to do that as a kid and it seemed to work for me.

It's a shame because a 21st should be something to be remembered. Just try to stay positive, I know it can be hard sometimes. Peace.

#7 ·
Thanks very much for the kind words......and grammar advice. I realize this was probably not the right place to vent but yeah thanks.

#9 ·
My spelling and grammar isn't great but that is trivial shit compared to my pet hate of idiots (read Americans) saying could care less. As far as things go, not capitalising nor putting an apostrophe is laziness on my part. Saying you could care less is just annoying and as far as a saying for showing how little you care about something then it is completely useless.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
My spelling and grammar isn't great but that is trivial shit compared to my pet hate of idiots (read Americans) saying could care less. As far as things go, not capitalising nor putting an apostrophe is laziness on my part. Saying you could care less is just annoying and as far as a saying for showing how little you care about something then it is completely useless.[/QUOTE

Dude, im no american. I get that phrase confused both seem the same to me and mean the same, the only difference is there's an apostrophe in one. Oh yeah agreed on the laziness part. I dont use good grammar unless I have no choice.

#11 ·
They're not the same, nor do they mean the same. To essentially paraphrase the video of David Mitchell, if you put caring on a scale then saying you couldn't care less puts you at a 0 level of caring. You could care more, but you can't care less. If you say you could care less then all that tells us is that you're not at a caring level of 0 which is what the use of the phrase is meant to imply. Saying you could care less signifies that you could care a lot, you could care a little, you could care a moderate amount. Its meaningless as a phrase to gauge how much you could not care which is why people are saying (or attempting to say) the phrase in the first place.

#13 ·
Holy shit! Did you died?

As for the original topic sorry to hear you feel that way have you trie telling them firmly that you don't want a big song and dance made over something you don't feel is necessary to celebrate? Sometimes being as direct as possible is a good thing

#14 ·
Unless like you already drink enough that a 21st birthday doesn't matter, it definitely does matter. You said you're not american, so it might not be celebrated the same, but just think at what being 21 means. You can legally drink alcohol and not get arrested (yeah, legally).

You don't have to get shit faced, though you should. You can go out and buy the first round (even if you won't be drinking) and feel like a boss. It's something you've had to wait for your whole life, so celebrate it.

oh, and OP beat Rush. Haven't seen that before. Cry Rush!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.