Wrestling Forum banner

How long should Punk not have the title once he loses it?

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Chi Town Punk 
#1 ·
Punk has had the title for a LONG time now, I still don't mind his reign, still enjoying it tbh. I kinda figure that people can't even imagine Punk without the title. So if he does lose it, would you moan if he won it back at the next PPV or a couple months after?

#2 ·
He should've lost it 6-7 months ago, or any time in between then and now.

Should be withheld from the title for at least 6 months unless he gets a winback and losses it at the next PPV (i.e. gets a short transitional title reign). After which, he should be withheld from it for at least 8-9 months, never getting another 300+ day reign again.

Just my opinion anyway.

#3 ·
Apart from Daniel Bryan, he's the best thing in the WWE right now and if he doesn't have it, someone inferior will, so IMO he should have it as much as possible.

#7 ·
Some peeps are thinking he loses it before RR, and Cena loses it to Rock, and Punk wins the Rumble and wins it back @ Mania. Seems fitting, but can't imagine his reign being all that long, and if anything, he'll probably lose it to OH BUT ONE MAN, Cena.

#6 ·
Punk should hold it until the Rumble. Then it'll go to Rocky, then Cena at WM, and then I doubt we'd get Cena/Punk for a third year in a row. So I'm gonna say once he loses it he won't regain it for close to a year or more, if ever again. He has been talking about retirement often in terms which make me uneasy.

I've come to terms with the fact Punk will not make it to WM as champ or be in the main event/WWE title match at WM. What I'm hoping for now is he ends up in a program with Trips and beats him at WM.

#16 ·
Punk drops it to Rock at Rumble. Later in the night, Punk wins Royal Rumble and challenges for WWE title. The debate lands in which number you place him at.

30, for example, would bury the entire rumble. That would be no good.

#1, would have him come out first and would be highly unbelievable for him to win after having a match with Rock and withlasting 30 other men in the same night. Not to mention how fucking tired he'll be. Yet, it goes with his gimmick that he is able to do these things because he his "the best wreslter in the world."

I'd say about half way through the Rumble at or 14 or 16 would be the best option.

Now before anybody says that oh I'm just a punk mark, punk has never won a rumble and if he should the time should be now when he's red hot. Its a big enough swerve, (winning rumble) but believable enough so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.