Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #402 (permalink)
Combat Analyst
Fired by SCOTT STEINER

Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
I don't agree on either point. He's steadily built a fanbase without Lady Gaga. He doesn't need her. And it won't matter anyway. Wale had a Lady Gaga feature on his first album.....it didn't do shit for him. And the song was wack.

The Gaga feature only helps if the song is dope.

And I think it will sell well. He's built a pretty good buzz. If KRIT and Curren$y both debuted top 10, Kendrick will too. And if Kendrick makes a hit, which he's capable of, his album will have more legs than theirs did.
The Lady Gaga feature made Wale known, I swear people overhype rappers so much to the point they think they're invincible, Saying a Lady Gaga feature, the biggest pop star today won't help your fanbase is asinine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Kendrick's fanbase is comparable to Cole's at the time of the release of his debut album.

He also has a bigger fanbase than Mac had at the time.
Nope, Mac had a way bigger fanbase than Kendrick, People were wearing Most Dope clothing, singing Donald Trump. Mac was popular with white kids and his fame spread to blacks.

Right now Kendrick's fanbase is small, Before Swimming Pools, came out I doubt you could go up to someone and tell them to name a Kendrick Lamar song.

Black Is Beautiful

Spoiler for DrIllmatic: