Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rooting for heels in the AE

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Felpent
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Felpent 50 - 100
Default Re: Rooting for heels in the AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill_ View Post
I was on WZ Forums about 12 years ago or more, the biggest online wrestling forum (At that time). I don't ever remember HHH being anything but hated. As far back as Benoit signing up to the WWF I remember HHH being shat on.
I dont think so. The usenet thread I posted shows you otherwise. Most of IWC were workrate marks at the time and HHH was at his prime having some of the greatest matches in those years.

WZ forum? as in Wrestlezone forum? Are you sure? the forum only dates back to 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Neville View Post
Dude are you really trying to use anectodal evidence for your argument? I didn't even have the internet til the year 2000 and started using it for wrestling only at around 2002, at the very end of the AE so i may not be the best source for this. But i remember this. The what you call "IWC" stuff at that time on the web regarding HHH was always a love/hate relationship, with hate usually being 2007 Cena level hate. Real bad "i want to watch him get raped" stuff.
2002 was long after HHH's peak, so that would not be surprising. Like I said by 2003 he was the most hated wrestler, people hated him almost to personal levels.