Not open for further replies.

NBA Off-season Thread

120K views 4K replies 102 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
King James rules supreme.

So yeah, off season time. Commence.

#1,104 ·
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

How can anyone hate the Raptors? Wouldn't that be like hating the Detroit Lions in football? They've never done anything to hurt y'all. :p

I'd LOVE to see the Raptors become a threat... it would be great for the NBA in my opinion.

#489 ·

The Raptors have a loyal local fan base and they deserve to have good players just like every other fan base that are dedicated to their team. Things are completely indicative on which games networks decide to show in the United States. The Raptors are broadcasted nationally in Canada. Every game. The Blue Jays are broadcasted nationally in Canada. Every game. Nash signing in Toronto would be HUGE in Canada. Bautista is HUGE in Canada. No one here cares what people in Omaha, Nebraska think of the Toronto Raptors as we are fully capable of supporting the team nationally. You sound like a typical ignorant American.

Reactions: Champ
#491 ·

The Raptors have a loyal local fan base and they deserve to have good players just like every other fan base that are dedicated to their team. Things are completely indicative on which games networks decide to show in the United States. The Raptors are broadcasted nationally in Canada. Every game. The Blue Jays are broadcasted nationally in Canada. Every game. Nash signing in Toronto would be HUGE in Canada. Bautista is HUGE in Canada. No one here cares what people in Omaha, Nebraska think of the Toronto Raptors as we are fully capable of supporting the team nationally. You sound like a typical ignorant American.
Who cares about Canada? they have less population in their entire barren country than the state of California. I understand why a Raptors fan would be excited, but for a Steve Nash fan such as myself it's a sad thing to hear might happen. If Nash announced he was going to sign with Golden State I would be happy, but I would understand why others would be letdown and it wouldn't get me all bent out of shape to know people were disappointed in the signing. Stop being so depressed that most people in the US don't care about Toronto sports. It's just a fact of life

#654 ·

Off the top of my head, Gerald Wallace and Andre miller resigned, Asik was offered 3/24 by Houston, Hibbert has a max offer from Portland, Hawks and Nets discussing a Joe Johnson trade, Dwight Howard claims the magic blackmailed him in to opting in for one more year and the NBAPA has filed a greivence seeking immediate FA status.

#1,265 · (Edited)

No one in my opinion is a traitor. Ainge was trying to do what he felt was best for the team, Ray is doing what he feels is best for himself, there is nothing wrong with Ray going to Miami. Ray put in work for Boston during his 5 years here. But it just baffles me how people are trying to make it seem like the Celtics drove Ray away when it was Ray's ego.

Yeah Danny Ainge is the bad guy because he tried to trade Ray to the Grizzlies. It was Ray that wasn't being professional, that made the situation worse than what it really was. Pierce didn't complain when he was gonna be traded to the Nets before Portland stepped in and offered Gerald Wallace to them. Rondo didn't complain when Danny was shopping him for the likes of Stephen Curry and Darren Collison, what does Rondo do? He has the best season of his career so far, leads the league in assists and triple doubles, has multiple 30+ point games including a 40 point game in the playoffs. Pierce didn't whine and bitch about it, what does he do, he has arguably his best season since 08-09.

And then they bring up the Bradley issue when people fail to realize that Doc made the better move for the team. If you watched the NBA this past season you would know that the Celtics had awful bench scoring. Moving Ray to the 6th man spot gave us the bench scoring we needed, Bradley & Rondo had arguably the best chemistry on the team together. They fed off of each other. What people don't realize is that when Bradley was first named a starter over Ray the Celtics were cruising through the NBA and having legendary defensive numbers. Going with Bradley was the right move.

And then last but not least, the whole Rondo situation. I believe both players were wrong in this but it is completely unfair how so many people are throwing Rondo under the bus and giving him the sole blame and not holding Ray accountable. When it's already been reported that Ray was jealous of Rondo's success, he didn't want to accept that Rondo was better than him. Ray didn't like the fact that Rondo was a younger guy telling him what to do on the court. Ray still looked at Rondo as the young kid he was in 2007 while Pierce & KG respected him as the leader of the team and the "man." No one treated Ray unjustly, Ray is just being overdramatic.

/endrantthatmostpeoplewontread

#1,280 ·

My facebook is filled with people calling Ray Allen a 'trader'. :lmao

lol at the thought of Allen being a traitor for going there. It was the better option, tbh.
It was the better option for him. He will get more playing time in Miami than in Boston. Good for him. Wish him the best. The C's will be OK without him.

#1,629 ·

It's not like CP3 is the consensus best PG in the league. You can make a case for Deron being better, you can make a case for Rose being better.

Deron has also had playoff success unlike Christopher, Deron has led his team past the 2nd round.

And if Kyrie's ceiling is Deron Williams, he can damn well be the best PG in the NBA.

#2,390 ·

I could see Anthony Davis being a bust and another Thabeet like player. It wouldn't really surprise me too much. Centers today really do seem to lack that ability to dominate in the post and have those go to moves that made players like Hakeem so successful. They don't need a lot of moves, just a couple that they can rely on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.