Wrestling Forum banner

BIG GAME ROBBEN

352K views 9K replies 237 participants last post by  steamed hams 
#1 ·
Since Liverpool are starting their Europa League campaign tonight, may as well start this thread now.

This will be rodgers first season in Europe, so I expect he'll look to have a solid competition. I reckon AVB will take this competition more seriously than Redknapp and Newcastle will want to do well for sure. Hopefully these three teams will do well and help England's co-efficient points.

As for the CL, we're retaining it :jordan2

See less See more
#1,585 ·
Re: UEFA Champions/Europa League 2012-13 Thread

Why on earth do people still use zonal marking? It does not work.
Of course it works. It's just dependant on having the players for the system and the manager being able to get the idea across.

When you have Sami Hyypia & Benitez, you start setting club records and picking up numerous golden gloves with zonal marking.

When you don't, awful television pundits trot out tired platitudes of how the system is just awful and doesn't work.

#1,551 ·
Re: UEFA Champions/Europa League 2012-13 Thread

As long as I live I won't understand why zonal marking is considered the future in football. Surely at least with man to man marking you stand a better chance of not losing your man and being able to defend the situation better, rather than marking one zone where you only need the right ball and the right run to leave you stranded.

That being said, it is still early and they only need one goal and suddenly the crowd will get behind them and Ajax will be up against it. It is cliche but 2-0 is one of the more dangerous leads in football.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.