Wrestling Forum banner

Fourteen year old strangles new born

8K views 123 replies 64 participants last post by  Roydabest 
#1 ·
A pregnant 14-year-old Florida girl delivered a baby boy in her parents’ bathroom and then strangling the infant to death, hiding his body in a box, law enforcement officials said Friday.

Cassidy Goodson, of Lakeland, Fla. has been charged with first degree murder and aggravated child abuse in connection with the death of her newborn son.

Investigators are deciding whether to charge her as an adult, The Ledger.com reported.

“Her son was still connected to her by the umbilical cord when she choked him to death," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said at a news conference Friday. "I just can't get over that."

Goodson gave birth to the 9.5 pound, 20.4-inch baby on Sept. 19 and used scissors to help “pry the baby out,” investigators said.

She stuffed a towel in her own mouth and turned on the faucet so her parents wouldn’t hear any noise, the teen told investigators.

After delivering the baby in the toilet, she felt for his pulse and determined he was alive. Then she strangled him, squeezing his neck for “about a minute” until he wasn’t breathing, Judd said.

Goodson then showered with the dead infant and placed his body in a box which she buried in dirty laundry in her room, Judd said.

Her mother, Teresa Goodson, noticed a foul odor in her room three days later and found the baby’s remains. The mother called her sisters, who in turn called 911, authorities said.

A freshman in high school, Goodson is 5 foot 3 and weighs about 100 pounds, police said. She hid her pregnancy by wearing baggy clothes.

Though other people had become suspicious that the teen was pregnant over the summer, her mother was “in complete denial,” Judd said.

Goodson at first told investigators that she had suffered a miscarriage, but an autopsy revealed the baby was full term and had died of asphyxia from strangulation.

Detectives were working to determine the father’s identity, Judd said.

"Everybody's a loser here, but this 14-year-old child murdered her infant baby, which was successfully delivered at home," Judd said.

Investigators said the teen showed little emotion during questioning, but when asked why she did it, she responded that she didn’t want to change the relationship with her family, Tampa Bay Online reported.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...n-baby-boy-parents-bathroom-article-1.1171085

#2 ·
That's pretty fucked up. How someone could strangle a baby, I'll never know. What makes it worse is she thought putting the remains in a box and then 'burying' the them under a pile of clothing would somehow get her off the hook. Dreadful story and a damn shame too.

#3 ·
"Put a towel in her mouth so the parents wouldn't notice anything"

Are they meaning to say her parents didn't know she was pregnant. What absolute morons.

Though other people had become suspicious that the teen was pregnant over the summer, her mother was “in complete denial,” Judd said.
LET ME SEE YOUR STOMACH, DAUGHTER. Fucking duh. How you can not pay attention enough to your own daughter for that kind of time period is beyond me.

And she showered with her murdered baby? Something's not right with that girl. This is on the mother's head too, IMO.

#13 ·
Stupid, ignorant parents who think their daughter is God's gift and couldn't possibly be pregnant and the daughter is just as much of an imbecile as her parents.

This sickens me to the core and I've seen some fucked up shit. Unbelievable. I couldn't imagine the scene and how you don't notice A FUCKING BABY in your 14 year old daughters stomach for 9 months and then don't even realize she's giving fucking birth in the bath is even more ludicrous.

Charge her as an adult. You can't be that fucking immature and stupid at 14.

#14 ·
Throw her into the grand canyon. If anyone can think of something better I will comply. There are ppl in the world that do awful terrible things where I wish.we were a barbaric race or something. No trial, no debates, no remorse just severly punish them.

#16 · (Edited)
Jesus christ, her parents are fucking terrible. How much of an idiot do you have to be not to see that your daughter is pregnant.

She deserves to be charged as an adult, what kind of monster strangles their own son while he is still attached to you!
Pretty sure that's what disturbed me the most about this story.

#19 ·
Dick.

There's a lot of features I can enjoy in humans. Some make me laugh, some impress me, some can be loved and hugged. But quite frankly, as a race overall, they're insipid, putrid wastes of air and land in what would otherwise be a beautiful and tranquil planet to live on. The same way CM Punk lectured the Chicago crowd at NoC 2010 for "ruining my beautiful city".

#25 ·
Blaming the parents is a totally unwarranted and juvenile opinion with no foundation whatsoever, no other adults eg her teachers noticed either.
Get over yourselves

#30 ·
I love how everyone in the thread assumes the parents are idiots. Not everyone gets a massive fucking stomach when they're pregnant. There are literally thousands of cases where adults have failed to know they're pregnant pretty much until the baby is ready to drop. This girl is fucked in the head though.

#51 ·
Exactly. I've known at least two girls who've been pregnant and nobody knew until they had their babies. In fact I knew one who had her baby in a bath tub, cleaned it up by herself and everything and the baby turned out fine. Yes the parents should have paid more attention to them throughout their lives and maybe this wouldn't have happened but it is possible to hide being pregnant.

With all that said, this story is just sad. Sad that the baby died and sad that the mother would do something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.