Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #377 (permalink)
Olympus
Old School

Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
There are still good rappers that are mainstream. Kanye West, Jay-Z, Wale, J. Cole, Big Sean, Kendrick Lamar, Andre 3000, Nas to name a few.

@Combat Analyst: I 100% agree. I remember when J. Cole was the "savior of hip-hop" and his popularity grows, he has a number one-album, starts performing on BET/MTV Awards and now J. Cole "isn't the same." Wiz was loved at one point, but now he's a sellout. There was a time when 50 Cent was the next big underground rapper to blow and had a large following. It's a cycle, as soon as one comes, another goes. Next up is Kendrick Lamar.
Those are hipsters. They don't even like music. They just like being whiny little elitist douchebag fucks and I hate every single one of them. And yes, Kendrick will be the next one, but from what I've heard Good Kid, m.A.A.d City is gonna be a dope album. Don't wanna say classic, but Kendrick has that kind of potential.

So far, I've seen him dubbed the "second coming of Nas" and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Lets see how far that goes.