Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #372 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Olympus
Old School

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

It's all subjective and the term varies depending on who you talk to and I think people just use it to justify their distaste in whatever artist or artists they don't like. Rap has changed a lot and will continue to so you can't justify what "real rap" is.

However, I do think the direction the genre has gone the last decade has really fucked up it's credibility because it's gotten to the point where a lot of it is really repetitive, cheap, narcissistic, phony, and soulless. Just look at the content in the music of artists like 2pac, Nas, Ice Cube, Wu-Tang Clan, KRS-One, Public Enemy, and Rakim to guys like Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Lil Wayne, Drake, etc. Rap and Hip-Hop has gone from it's own sub-culture with a message and a purpose to one big glorified pissing contest. That's what I think a lot of "elitists" and hip hop heads get pissed off about and that's probably where the term "real rap" comes from.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome