Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - BIG GAME ROBBEN
Thread: BIG GAME ROBBEN
View Single Post
post #973 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Foreshadowed
Sacrificed It All, To Enrich My Life For A Second!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: UEFA Champions/Europa League 2012-13 Thread

We stopped playing once we got the 2nd goal but we did show some solid ball retention. Still, we need to really pick up the tempo and I'd like to see us kill off games, which we don't do as much as we used to. We looked nervous at the end, which you don't like to see but thanks to De Gea making a couple of brilliant saves and the Rafael block, we maintained the 3 points.

Positives; De Gea was great and he did well at claiming the ball in the air. Reminded me of how he performed against Norwich, where he did pretty much everything right. I really hope he gets to start at the weekend but I can see Ferguson taking his performance against Newcastle last week as a reason not to choose him and to pick Lindegaard instead. Rafael was solid and defended really well second half. Ferdinand was a beast in the air, kept winning every header and Evans, despite the knock, was much better second half.

Fletcher did alright, Cleverley was really good and Anderson was fantastic and helped us in our attacking play, he always looked to take the game forward. Van Persie got us the goals and put in his best performance in a United shirt thus far. Rooney did his job well at dropping deep and picking out the passes and his two assists were spot on, the second assist being sublime. Hernandez did what he was supposed to and made some good runs and linked up well but it was a shame he didn't get on the scoresheet.

Negatives; conceding the goal early and in such poor fashion. It highlights how Evra has gone from a brilliant player to absolutely useless in a span of 2 years. Evra can GTFO. Also, the style of play could have been improved and I'd like to see us not look as nervous when we're in the lead... kill the game off! Most importantly, move the ball quicker. Also, Evans walking off with a knock. Hope he recovers in time for Newcastle on Sunday.

Credit: ABrown

Last edited by Foreshadowed; 10-02-2012 at 04:59 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome