Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches]

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #248 (permalink)
Underscore
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Underscore is an after thoughtUnderscore is an after thought
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaporSnap View Post
The only people that give half a shit about Ryback not managing to hit his finisher on Tensai last night are right here on this thread. Elsewhere, millions of wrestling fans worldwide give no fucks and have forgotten it already. Next week he will still be getting more and more over.
I totally disagree with everything except for your last statement. I do think he'll bounce back from this and (probably) continue to get more and more over (he got a big pop later on that night, assuming it wasn't piped in), but I also think people do care about the botch and it does matter.

Ryback has clearly been being pushed as this massively strong monster face for months and months. He has one of his most important matches on RAW and he completely fails to lift his opponent and properly execute the move that's supposed to make him look super strong, not once, but twice.

Unless they turn the botch into some sort of storyline I think this only served to hurt Ryback going forward. It just takes away from the awe that's supposed to surround him. The feeling that he can easily lift and destroy anyone in his path. Now there's a doubt placed in everyone's mind. Maybe not a major doubt, and maybe it doesn't majorly hurt him... maybe he was 10/10 awesome before and now he's 9/10 awesome. But it's still a difference.

Maybe I'm making a bigger deal about it than it really is, and I'm totally wrong about this, but it's just how I feel.