10-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota/Jasper, Minnesota
Re: Impact Wrestling 2010: From Russia With Love
Impact Wrestling News: Major Roster Shakeup, Scraping Knockouts Division?, Wrestling Czar, Details on new PPV format, & More
- As expected, Impact Wrestling made some serious changes to their roster today, releasing thirteen wrestlers. The thirteen include Angelina Love, Awesome Kong, Christy Hemme, David Penzer, Jesse Neal, Kiyoshi, Lacey Von Erich, Madison Rayne, Rob Terry, SoCal Val, Stevie Richards, Traci Brooks, and Velvet Sky.
- There are strong rumors now going around that the Hulk Hogan/Eric Bischoff regime plans to scrap the Knockouts Division entirely due to the fact that eight of the thirteen wrestlers let go were from the Knockouts Division including fan favorites The Beautiful People. According to people backstage, a final decision on what to do with the Knockouts division has yet to made but the remaining women on the roster certainly can't feel very good about their spots right now.
- Mikhail Prokhorov would like to hire a "wrestling czar" who would have full control of Impact Wrestling and only answer to Prokhorov himself. The reason being that he just simply does not understand enough about the wrestling business and he would like to find someone who has a very good knowledge of it. He originally wanted Eric Bischoff to be the czar but Bischoff made it clear that due to his commitment to Bischoff/Hervey Entertainment he was not interested in running the whole company. Hulk Hogan is another candidate but Mr. Prokhorov is said to be wary of giving Hogan control since for one, he's never done it before and two, he just doesn't trust him. Control of the company is currently being split between Vince Russo and Matt Conway, who are handling creative, and Jeff Jarrett, Bischoff, and Hogan who are all handling the business side.
- Speaking of Hogan, although he is listed as Vice President, he has very little actual power. His main job in the company is to use his star power to promote. The more he is willing to promote the company, the more money he will earn.
- The future is said to be very much up in the air for Jeff Jarrett as far as how much control he'll have when everything's all sorted out. Currently he is in charge of running the house show business and he still has some control of the day to day operations of the rest of the company but with the news that Mr. Prokhorov plans to hire a new wrestling czar, his days of control could be numbered.
- The upcoming show scheduled for Madison Square Garden is making several people backstage very nervous. They are worried that they won't be able to sell nearly enough tickets as well as worrying that they'll piss Vince McMahon off but that's exactly the idea behind it. Upper brass know very well that they won't come anywhere close to selling out the Garden and that they will definitely take a financial hit from the event but they wanted it there because they want to make a statement right away that they mean business.
- Full details have finally been released on the brand new pay per view format that Hulk Hogan announced:
January: Destination X (PPV Event)*
*Heavily X-Division Oriented.*
February: No event
March: Victory Road (Free Event)*
*Will feature matches where the winners go on to the King Of The Mountain match at Bound for Glory in April to determine who challenges the world heavyweight champion at Slammiversary.*
April: Bound For Glory (PPV Event)*
*Main Event: King Of The Mountain Match to determine who challenges the world heavyweight champion at Slammiversary.*
May: No event
June: Slammiversary (PPV Event)*
*Becomes Impact Wrestling's Wrestlemania
July: Against All Odds (Free Event)
August: Hardcore Justice (PPV Event)*
*All No-DQ matches*
September: No event
October: Lockdown (PPV Event)
November: Sacrifice (Free Event)*
December: Final Resolution (PPV Event)
Last edited by CoRyP2008 : 10-04-2012 at 08:03 AM.