Wrestling Forum banner

Backstage News On Punk's HIAC Storyline; Post HIAC Plans For Cena

10K views 76 replies 61 participants last post by  King_Kool-Aid™ 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...yline_Gabriel_Match_Pulled_from_RAW_More.html

- Expect more WWE Legends to appear on RAW to encourage WWE Champion CM Punk to face John Cena at Hell In a Cell. The idea is that the Legends will convince Punk to face Cena so he can earn the title of "Best In the World." Jim Ross played the role on last night's RAW after recent appearances by Bret Hart and Mick Foley.

source: F4Wonline.com
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...lans_for_Cena_Vince_McMahon_Upset_at_RAW.html

- After last night's RAW, most within WWE believe that official have no idea if John Cena will be ready for Hell In a Cell or not. There is talk of having Cena wrestle the Hell In a Cell match against WWE Champion CM Punk but then take some more time off.

Source: PWInsider

#3 · (Edited)
Re: Backstage News On Punk's HIAC Storyline

The Legend Killer CM Punk.

WWE are really making it hard to hate Punk and accept him as a heel. Even though I'm a fan of his, if I wasn't a fan I would still support Punk because of this storyline. All these wrestlers and legends trying to undermine Punk's title reign and make him out to be a chump, but he looks better because they all look like idiots. Especially John Cena, the supreme idiot.

#34 · (Edited)

Umm. but the storyline doesnt makes much sense. How does defeating Cena at HIAC solidify him as BITW?.. He has already beaten him alot of times. Stupid Stupid!
probably because it's HELL IN A CELLLLL, THE DEVILS PLAYGROUUUUND :vince3 *voice of mcmahon*

the whole cena taking time off....hahahaha, god they are not fooling anyone, unless Cena gets an "almost" career threatening injury to the point mcmahon gets scared to the point of shitting himself that he will lose his poster boy for good he won't give cena any time off, AT ALL

Effectively WWE are telling us that if Punk wants to be the BITW like HBK/Bret/HHH/Taker/Austin/Rock then he needs to defeat John Cena, the man who has been beaten by Rock, has been beaten by HHH, been beaten by Undertaker, never faced Austin and never faced Bret. We'll give you HBK though, he beat him. 1 out of 6 ain't bad!!!

That's pretty much what they're telling us and it makes absolutely no sense. They aren't ranking Cena up there with the aforementioned guys they consider the BITW. He isn't part of that rank so why should Punk beating him make him the BITW? On top of that, Punk has already fucking beat him! He beat him at MITB, at Summerslam, at Summerslam again and at NOC. I understand that none of them have been a fully clean win but holy fuck, how many times does he have to beat the Lord and God John Cena in order to be considered the BITW or even worthy of sharing the same ring as him? And then there's the issue of whether or not he will actually win the match. Throw on the fact that Punk has now become the underdog heading in and we have a situation where the heel is the one facing the insurmountable odds and the huge challenge, not the babyface in Cena and the whole thing is a fucking mess tbh. Bad enough that they implicitly have been portraying Cena as above the title for the past year almost but now they are explicitly saying it too. It's just fucking horrendous and I shudder to think of where we'll end up if Punk doesn't go over at HIAC tbh I really do.
dammit so fucking true, it's funny that's the first time a Heel it's an underdog and has to beat the face against all odds to be considered something, it's like WWE has everything ass backwards (like they always do mind you), if cm punk loses at HIAC then that's it, there's no point in punk having any credibility whatsoever and I assure you, once the title changes hand suddenly it will become relevant and be the "most coveted thing" in the WWE universe

#7 ·

Austin is an obvious choice.

Taker maybe, but doubtful.

But, yeah it'll be piper, VADER and DDP.
too bad Rock is busy, it would be nice for him to come and say "Beat Cena at HIAC. If you can survive I'll be waiting"

and why Vader?

#6 ·

Effectively WWE are telling us that if Punk wants to be the BITW like HBK/Bret/HHH/Taker/Austin/Rock then he needs to defeat John Cena, the man who has been beaten by Rock, has been beaten by HHH, been beaten by Undertaker, never faced Austin and never faced Bret. We'll give you HBK though, he beat him. 1 out of 6 ain't bad!!!

That's pretty much what they're telling us and it makes absolutely no sense. They aren't ranking Cena up there with the aforementioned guys they consider the BITW. He isn't part of that rank so why should Punk beating him make him the BITW? On top of that, Punk has already fucking beat him! He beat him at MITB, at Summerslam, at Summerslam again and at NOC. I understand that none of them have been a fully clean win but holy fuck, how many times does he have to beat the Lord and God John Cena in order to be considered the BITW or even worthy of sharing the same ring as him? And then there's the issue of whether or not he will actually win the match. Throw on the fact that Punk has now become the underdog heading in and we have a situation where the heel is the one facing the insurmountable odds and the huge challenge, not the babyface in Cena and the whole thing is a fucking mess tbh. Bad enough that they implicitly have been portraying Cena as above the title for the past year almost but now they are explicitly saying it too. It's just fucking horrendous and I shudder to think of where we'll end up if Punk doesn't go over at HIAC tbh I really do.

#18 ·

This, this 1000x this.

I agree with you about the terrifying possibility of a Cena victory...all it will do is make Punk look really bad and Cena forced further down our throats. I really do hope Punk wins and Cena takes some much needed time off. If that does happen and the way this storyline is being played out...it would appear then, that the WWE is actually building up a Heel's 'credibility'. Now after saying that I realized how unlike the WWE that is and fear the worst.

#16 ·

I like how CM Punk the guy that has held the WWE championship for 316 days is the one who needs to "earn" his respect and match at the PPV lol.
Exactly!!! HE's been WWE Champion for almost a year, How the f**k is that now earning it?

#11 ·
#13 · (Edited)

Well I can't remember the Hart segment but Foley and Ross were great so keep on bringing in the ones who are good on the mic, immediate ones that jump to mind are Piper as he's always available (plus never won the WWE title but earned respect), maybe Kevin Nash and Stone Cold seems to be the one Punk keeps referencing too as a grand finale, though that might just be Punk dreaming optimistically.

It does irk me that before turning heel Punk has done everything good and everyone respected him for all the hard work he was doing, then he turned Face and all previous efforts no longer count (he's defended that championship countless times and always put on a great show) but whatever, work with what you got.

Either way, keep it coming.

#17 ·

I like the legends thing but they need to make sure Austin ISN'T one of them and keep him off TV for as long as possible. WWE overdid the SHOCK AUSTIN RETURN where he'd stun everyone for no reason and drink a few beers to the point it stopped being entertaining and didn't get anywhere near the reaction it used to. Now that it's been a long time since he's been on a WWE show it'll seem like a massive deal when he's back (hopefully to do something meaningful) instead of just 'oh, Austin is back to stun some guys for no reason'.

#19 ·

I don’t mind the storyline, but here’s where the enormous gap of logic presents itself. Punk has beaten John Cena at Money in the Bank ’11, Summerslam ’11, Raw 1000, Summerslam ’12, and Night of Champions ’12. Whether it was a controversial finish, dirty finish, the end result was Punk winning and that’s not the gap of logic I’m talking about. The gap of logic I’m talking about is this: all these legends seem to think that beating John Cena at Hell in a Cell would solidify him with the respect he deserves. How exactly does beating a man who just had ELBOW SURGERY and who admitted last week that he probably won’t be ready for Hell in a Cell but he’s coming to fight, how is that win going to win Punk any respect? In terms of reality, beating a man who isn’t 100% would almost gain you no respect or even lose some respect. The man has been champion for 317 days, 10 consecutive PPVs, and a win over an injured John Cena will gain him the respect he’s been looking for? It makes no sense.

I don’t like when people complain about booking or storylines, but this storyline deserves some criticism because of its outrageous premise. I can’t listen to men like Hart, Foley and JR come out and push Punk to accept a match against an injured John Cena to gain their respect. It just doesn’t make any sense. If anything, they should respect the fact that Punk hasn’t accepted it and because Cena is hurt, there is your reason.

#21 ·

Punk is going to win at the PPV. No way they'll put the title on Cena whose health is in question. What if he re injures himself in the match for example? Too risky for him to win. IF he even wrestles.

#23 ·

Punk is going to win at the PPV. No way they'll put the title on Cena whose health is in question. What if he re injures himself in the match for example? Too risky for him to win. IF he even wrestles.
I agree. But winning clean I am not sure about that (IF Cena wrestles).

#24 ·
Can't wait for the Raw after HIAC, when another legend will come out to tell that he has to beat Cena 1 more time.

What bothers me the most is that the act like he didn't defend his title until Summerslam. I guess his matches against Jericho or Daniel Bryan didn't happen.

#27 ·
When I think about the guest host for this, I think about Piper, Austin, and DDP.
Also I bet if Punk defeated Cena on HIAC, they will make up another excuse.

#64 ·
FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE SAYING THAT PUNK BEAT CENA YES BUT ACCORDING TO THE MARKS IT WAS A FLUKE SO TO SHUT THE CENA MARKS THE FUCK UP THE WRITERS NEED TO BOOK A PUNK TO WIN IN A CLEAN MATCH CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!!!! k

ok i hope i got the message across

#32 · (Edited)
I can just picture the raw after HIAC, a legend comes out and says Punk only won because Cena wasn't 100% therefore needs to face him one more time to be called BITW. Because apparently beating John Cena means way more than a 317 day title reign does.

I would love Punk to call one of those legends out on it just once

Random Legend- You need to beat John Cena to be called the BITW
Punk- I HAVE BEATEN THAT IDIOT! MITB! RAW 1000! SUMMERSLAM Twice! NOC! WHAT DO YOU CORPSES NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?!!

#36 ·
I can just picture the raw after HIAC, a legend comes out and says Punk only won because Cena wasn't 100% therefore needs to face him one more time to be called BITW. Because apparently beating John Cena means way more than a 317 day title reign does.

I would love Punk to call one of those legends out on it just once

Random Legend- You need to beat John Cena to be called the BITW
Punk- I HAVE BEATEN THAT IDIOT! MITB! RAW 1000! SUMMERSLAM Twice! NOC! WHAT DO YOU CORPSES NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?!!
FUCKING LMFAO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.