Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches]

81K views 459 replies 220 participants last post by  Clique 
#1 ·
Couldn't even get Tensai on his shoulders after TWO attempts and we're supposed to buy him as this monstrous powerhouse? Lol.

Once again proving that he is nothing but an incredibly fucking poor imitation. Goldberg would have thrown Tensai up there like a balloon.

#408 ·
Yeah I don't think anyone thinks he's as strong as a legit strength freak like lesnar or Henry...

#409 ·
Anyone calling Ryback weak because John Cena lifted up Tensai to do the AA has never stepped foot into a Gym and tried different compound excersizes, john cena's AA is more of a squat, leg muscles are easily able to lift up more weight, Rybacks finisher places all the emphasis on his lower back during the beggining sequence when he gets em up (like a variation of the deadlift), with lack of grip and help from tensai it would be amazingly difficult to pull off the move.

In retrospect, I think they should change Rybacks finisher to something that not only looks more explosive, but is easier on the lowerback to perform, if they're going for the Goldberg imitation they might aswell give him the jacknife, if not, a powerbomb is also a pretty devastating looking finisher.

#417 ·
this is cool for discussion and all but it's not a big deal at all and ryback's rise to the top is stronger than before.

#426 ·
Jeesh! 17 pages of.. well what is this again? Anyways..

I don't care if it was a botch or a sandbag. It doesn't in the least change my view of Ryback's development what so ever. Every single Wrest.. 'entertainer' has had either a botch or a mistake at some point in their career and no one is immune to it.

Botches, Mistakes, poor spots, sandbags, miscommunication, wardrobe malfunctions and many more circumstances can happen to cause a problem. Best thing to do is look at it, say "Ok, it happened. I don't care why so let's recover from it." and move forward.

Sad that some people in this thread make it sound like they have never seen something go wrong in a match before.

#432 ·
It would be epic to see a match between Mason Ryan and Ryback for the fan reactions alone:

"Let's go Goldberg"

"BATISTA"

"Let's go Goldberg"

"BATISTA"

"Let's go Goldberg"

"BATISTA"

You get my point.

#435 ·
Neither one of those Batista vids were a botch. Batista and Book hate each other so that was probably a sandbag and Batista still muscled him up. The second one he just looks back to see if Cena is out of the way before bumping on top of him.

Botches aren't the reason Ryback sucks. The fact that he can't work a two minute squash without getting gassed, and the fact that he has a power gimmick and botches POWER moves is the reason he sucks. It's like Sin Cara botching all his high spots. If you can't hit what your character is noted for then you've got big problems.

#441 ·
I'm not entirely sure if you were directing this towards me, however I'll bite. It seems to me you're just trying to spin the videos I located in a favorable light. One was a video where Batista oversold a shot from Mark Henry in an over-the-top rediculous fashion though that one ain't really bad. The other, however, is a spot with Booker T makes no sense, why would he sandbag him and then later change his mind and help him with it? As I showed in other videos, stranger things have happened with big guys like Batista, like Cena botching an AA/FU with Mysterio.

However, I think we are both in agreement that Botches happen, the videos were mainly substance to argue against alot of ignorant jive from several posters who are likely never going to change their opinions. I'm a big Ryback fan but I know that Ryback really needs to work on his cardio and stamina if he's going to make it in the main event. They are supposed to be booking him in longer matches on House Shows, however if that is true I can't be certain since no online sources record match length from house shows.

I hope it is true though, the guy needs it.

#442 ·
@Iormungand
all the videos you posted, Batista, Lesnar, Cena, Edge were already over when they botched so that's not so tragic because they were no rookies and already impressed the fans before, that means you can not compare it with Ryback.
And people never really gave a fuck about Kozlov and Swagger, you can also not compare these two with Ryback.

#445 ·
Alright, I was going to post more but then I realize I interpreted your post wrong. While new guys when they botch are put under the microscope, the point I was getting accross is that despite how readily fans get behind the likes of Brock and Batista, these guys have botched vastly worse than Ryback has. The point behind bringing up the botches is that, despite how big or powerful a guy can be, they can botch in the most rediculous fashion.

I've really got nothing against Brock, Batista, or most of those in the videos I posted, but people want to pretend like their favorite big men never botched clearly needed a reality check. I like Ryback, and perhaps now I'm realizing they didn't prepare him for televised matches. If they gave him 10 minute long matches before debuting him in squash matches, he might have been prepared to move much higher than he is now.

Though this is mostly hypothetical and an opinion, so who knows what would have happened otherwise. I still hope the guy keeps progressing and that creative doesn't suddenly derp on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.