Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Analyze This: Wrestlers transcending eras

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 02:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Greenlawler
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....

Greenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Analyze This: Wrestlers transcending eras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
That's way off. The attitude Era didn't start until 97 and the Expansion Era stopped in the early 90's before the New Generation Era. Hell, you can argue that the expansion era was over before then.
Nope I respectfully don't agree. I don't think people will even consider the "New Genration" an era, as the WWF and WCW (to a lesser extent) were still trying to stamp out the territories in the early 90's. AWA, Pacific Northwest, Memphis, Smokey Mountain, AWA, World Class...they were all still operting in the early 90's.

AS for being "way off" on the attitude era. I respect that you think (and probably many others) think that that era started in 1997, but that is only if you base your era's soley on the WWF timeline. I do not I think the ECW, and hardcore Japan companies were starting to influence the wrestling world by 1995. So that is when I set the date.

Although I don't think 2 years qualifies as "way off". Heck I conceede then Attitude era 1997.
Greenlawler is offline   Reply With Quote