Wrestling Forum banner

CW Network is mad about NECK MOVE

7K views 67 replies 57 participants last post by  GillbergReturns 
#1 ·
PWMania said:
The CW Network doesn’t approve of Zack Ryder’s finisher the “Rough Ryder.” On the September 22nd edition of WWE Saturday Morning Slam, Ryder used the move to defeat William Regal. The move was edited out with a cut away to the crowd on that show. This is due to the show’s rule about no moves that focus on the head or neck area.

Ryder is popular among the kids demographic and the WWE and CW Network recognize the value of him being featured on the program. WWE is still planning to have Ryder in more matches on the program but per the CW Network not wanting to violate their policy involving moves aimed at the neck, it appears that they will have to find another way to end Ryder’s matches on the show.

Overall, the CW Network is said to be happy with the Saturday Morning Slam program and have even told WWE they would like to see more wrestling matches featured on the program.
Source: http://www.pwmania.com/cw-upset-ryders-finisher#.UGozzpjA98N

Absolutely ridiculous. :lmao

#11 ·
This is why it's good that SD moved off CW years ago.

CW really sucks for things like this. They can't show neck move on TV.....
And look at what they did to DBZ! DBZ Kai really wasn't that bad(it was basically DBZ without the fillers and lengthy moments), but CW made it the most G rated show possible(the real DBZ was borderline PG,it was real close to 14+ at times too)

#22 ·
Random coincidence that I've recently been re-watching DBZ from the beginning and some of it can be easy 14+ alot of the time. What with the dismemberment, people popping the middle finger, and Master Roshi copping a feel on Bulma pretty much every episode he shows up in hahaha. But I digress, yea the CW is dumbing kids down and making them soft.

#26 ·
Different times.

Supernatural is on at 9pm EST on a weeknight.

SMS is on at 10am EST on a weekend, and is blocked in with a group of other kid shows.

And what is this I hear about one of the darkest Power Ranger series ever? lol?

#16 ·
Are you...fucking...kidding me?....This is ridiculous. Its reasons like this that make me happy that I have PPV's from the WWF days because its nice to see matches that is actually wrestling matches. I don't think all matches these days are crap but there are definitely some that focuses more on "entertainment" and corporate images then the spirit of WRESTLING.

#31 ·
It's kind of obvious why they don't want neckmoves but have DBZ, Supernatural, Power Rangers and whatnot on the program. HOW many kids decide to try out how to kill a demon with blades or shit? Close to zero. And how many kids'd try out wrestling moves, done by actual people, claimed to be 100%real and nobody gets serious injuries and everybody seems to enjoy it? Admit it, you all tried some shit as kids, and probably something wrestling related. I wanted to test a piledriver on my brother (I was stupid, but not stupid enough to hit it, I just wanted to see if I could lift him for a pd, good thing I could do it without droping him ;) )

And if kids try something out and break their leg, okay, it's a leg, it's normal thing during childhood, no long term harm done. But if kids botch a piledriver/DDT/bulldog/random neckthingy because XYZ did it on TV, well, there goes your spinal chord.

Keep the G out of standard WWE and it#s fine by me

#35 ·
I hope we get some Wrestlezone or whatever updates like this in the future, because this is where it's going:

Zack Ryder debuts NEW FINISHER!!!

Sources say Zack Ryder has been working on a new, family-friendly finisher that involves a stuffed pillow being tossed softly at his opponent's midsection. It is undetermined at this time if WWE officials are more in favour of a foam-based or a feather-based pillow.

WWE officials are also looking into bringing back the "Hardcore Title", as a way of making weapons such as this pillow legal in a match.

#36 · (Edited)
Oh Fuck off, stop worrying about a child performing a jumping leg lariat and start worrying about a child jumping off something high or picking up another child or performing an arm bar and breaking someones arm. They are all about as likely and dangerous and you're cool with them showing that.

You bought a show about people who want to beat each other until the other guy can't answer a count of three and you're worried that it might get violent? Do you also have problems walking into walls because you forget they aren't doors?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.