Wrestling Forum banner

Who's the best superstar to never win the Royal Rumble?

3K views 33 replies 31 participants last post by  ric6y 
#1 · (Edited)
this comes down to 3 guys for me

1. Chris Jericho
2. Randy savage
3. Eddie Guerrero

Honorable mention to kane

Who you guys got?

#9 ·
Bret Hart won the 1994 Royal Rumble along with Lex Luger, glad you changed that. My pick is Randy Savage. The 1993 Royal Rumble would have been great to build to WrestleMania with Bret and ultimately putting him over as WWF Champion (no disrespect to Yoko). I would have also said Ricky Steamboat and Kurt Angle but there wasn't a time when they were in the company I thought they should win the Royal Rumble match. Maybe if Kurt returns.

#14 ·
I wouldn't and im a huge kane mark. But I get where people are coming from, he had one of the best rumble performances ever.

#20 ·
No disrespect to Kane fans, but Kane being in the main-event of Mania 17 wouldn't of been that profitable. Austin/Rock > Anything involving Kane.

Savage and Jericho are my two choices. Like Clique said, it would of been nice to see Savage/Hart at Mania, leading to Savage passing the torch to Hart since Hogan wasn't going to do it. Savage/Hart would of definitely been a good match as well.

Jericho should of won this year's Royal Rumble. He could of arguably been in the mix during the 2000 Rumble as well.

#26 ·
Mr. Perfect, expecially after I found this on internet about RR 1990 "Fun Fact: According to various sources, Mr. Perfect was scheduled to win the Royal Rumble for weeks leading into the event. At the last minute, however, Hulk Hogan vetoed the booking and made sure he went over instead. Perfect was made the runner-up instead."

#27 ·
There are dozens of people who deserved to win the Rumble but didn't. Mr. Perfect should have won in 1993 rather than Yokozuna. Perfect was hot from his return and vanquishing of Flair, they should've given him the main event (even if they weren't going to give him the title).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.