Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota/Jasper, Minnesota
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Impact Wrestling 2010: From Russia With Love
Timeline of Events
- Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov makes offer to buy the NBA's new Jersey Nets.
- After several years of little to no growth in ratings or revenue as well as the struggling global economy, Panda Energy, the major financial back of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, announces their intention to sell the company. Dixie Carter, TNA's former president, determined not to sell the company to Vince McMahon and WWE, desperately begins seeking another buyer before they are ultimately forced to sell to WWE.
- Despite not being a very big wrestling fan, Mr. Prokhorov sees a great opportunity. Adding to his plan to buy the New Jersey Nets, he announces plans to create his very own "entertainment empire" which will include movies, television shows, and sports and he hopes to make TNA Wrestling a part of that.
- Mikhail Prokhorov officially makes an offer to buy TNA Wrestling from the Carters and Panda Energy. After a brief negotiation, the deal is made official. Soon after that, at a press conference announcing the deal, Mr. Prokhorov announced that TNA would be going on a temporary hiatus to be ultimately rebranded.
- Prokhorov Entertainment is formed, a management company that will be in charge of running both the Nets, TNA, and all future projects.
- Mr. Prokhorov begins meeting with officials from the FX network about moving Impact from Spike TV to there as well as debuting several other shows he has planned.
- An announcement is made that TNA Wrestling has signed a brand new deal with FX. Full details were not released at the time but according to sources, Impact would remain on Thursdays in the same time slow as well as remaining a two hour long show. The only difference, Impact would now be live full time.
- Another announcement is made. This announcement being that TNA would officially be renamed Impact Wrestling and a return to TV date was set for Thursday February 4th 2010 at the world's most famous arena, Madison Square Garden. This show would also be three hours long.
- Desperate for star power and looking for someone to run the company, Mr. Prokhorov makes a huge splash by announcing that he has signed "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan as well as former WCW boss Eric Bischoff. With Bischoff and Hogan now in charge, Mr. Prokhorov will be free to attend to his other business endeavors.
- In a promotional appearance to hype up the return of Impact Wrestling as well as his own return to the wrestling business, Hulk Hogan announced that Impact Wrestling has signed "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy as well as announcing that all championships would be vacated and everything would pretty much start from scratch.
- Hulk Hogan announced that the February pay per view Against All Odds would be cancelled due to not having enough time to build for it. Hogan also announced a massive new pay per view concept which sees the amount of Impact Wrestling pay per view events cut from 12 a year to 9 a year. Out of the remaining 9 events, 3 will be offered as free live events on FX. The order is also shuffled around with Bound for Glory moved to April, Lockdown moved to October and Slammiversary becoming their new biggest pay per view of the year. Also, due to their new owner, all Impact Wrestling events will be on the road.
- Rumors begin flying that a recently fired WWE office employee who was hired by Prokhorov Entertainment has been feeding them information regarding certain trademarks and talent contracts that WWE let expire. It's being reported that Prokhorov Entertainment has already stolen one trademark away from WWE as well as signed away a talent whose contract had expired.
Last edited by CoRyP2008; 10-01-2012 at 02:53 PM.