Which Is Better For Booker T?

• GM

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Commentator

Votes: 66 75.0%

Booker T as GM or Commentator?

3K views 48 replies 45 participants last post by  CB Wanalaya 
#1 ·
I say commentator. I know he has some weird catchphrases, but he was funny with Cole & Mathews. I found him entertaining and giving matches more funny shit into it.

As a GM he is bland and out of place. And he typical baby-face GM trying to screw the heels.

#14 ·
Re: Booker As GM Or Commentator

Commentator. I enjoyed his commentary work just because he would say the most inane things. I prefer Teddy Long as GM. In fact Teddy might be my ideal GM. He's there, but you don't really notice him that much. That's how I want my GM's. I don't want Johnny Ace GM types who got too much screen time.

#20 ·

I wish he was neither just his voice annoys me so much, I will say though Booker as GM is less annoying when he was on commentary he never shut the hell up and gave me a headache. Though the tux needs to go already its stupid. Plus hes still a better GM than Teddy Long.

#21 ·

I miss him as a commentator. He brought flavor and spice to that position, while Cole and Matthews together is a recipe of sheer blandness and lackluster chemistry. They're not actively bad but they are forgettable. Booker T brought something to that role. He made me crack up, he made me smile and laugh, and he was obviously passionate about the product. None of that can show in his GM work, which is utterly dull and has, thus far, only served to put Eve over as an extremely cunning, manipulative vixen. But as soon as that storyline is concluded, I'd like to see Booker T return to the desk. I winced when Booker was named Smackdown's GM, as he's been cast in the "Teddy Long" role in every way but the aforementioned Eve/Teddy storyline.

With JBL sitting next to Cole for Raws and pay-per-views, having Booker T back on commentary for Smackdown would be sweet. Placing him in the GM role was exceptionally tedious and lazy writing. Having said that, I don't want Teddy Long back. I'm tempted to suggest Eve for the role, as she could be both GM and Divas Champion at the same time. Think about how much that could potentially and conceivably boost the image and prestige of the Divas Championship and by extension the divas division! Morever, it would be a rather awesome way to conclude this storyline, with Eve managing to claw her villainous self to the top of the blue brand while getting everything she wants... Until of course the day she gets her comeuppance, but as in all good vs. evil stories that has to be held off for as long as possible to make it that much more momentous.

#25 ·

I miss him as a commentator. He brought flavor and spice to that position, while Cole and Matthews together is a recipe of sheer blandness and lackluster chemistry. They're not actively bad but they are forgettable. Booker T brought something to that role. He made me crack up, he made me smile and laugh, and he was obviously passionate about the product. None of that can show in his GM work, which is utterly dull and has, thus far, only served to put Eve over as an extremely cunning, manipulative vixen. But as soon as that storyline is concluded, I'd like to see Booker T return to the desk. I winced when Booker was named Smackdown's GM, as he's been cast in the "Teddy Long" role in every way but the aforementioned Eve/Teddy storyline.

With JBL sitting next to Cole for Raws and pay-per-views, having Booker T back on commentary for Smackdown would be sweet. Placing him in the GM role was exceptionally tedious and lazy writing. Having said that, I don't want Teddy Long back. I'm tempted to suggest Eve for the role, as she could be both GM and Divas Champion at the same time. Think about how much that could potentially and conceivably boost the image and prestige of the Divas Championship and by extension the divas division! Morever, it would be a rather awesome way to conclude this storyline, with Eve managing to claw her villainous self to the top of the blue brand while getting everything she wants... Until of course the day she gets her comeuppance, but as in all good vs. evil stories that has to be held off for as long as possible to make it that much more momentous.
I agree. Booker was one of my favorite wrestlers and I thought he was an amazing commentator. When he was announced as the next GM I thought it was kind of cool at first, but he doesn't really do much. He's being held back by this position as GM. I also agree that putting Eve up as GM would just be gold and could possibly give everything a good jump on smackdown. Eve is also just one of the only two divas I care about right now. Her character is clever and she brings a lot to the table. I do hope this happens someday and Booker goes back to his rightful place, at the commenting table.

#24 ·

Does anyone actually like him on commentary for the actual commentating lol
all i see is people wanting him there for the catch phrases
Personally i hated him as a commentator,he gets lost mid way,sometimes seems like he isnt even paying attention and my god it was hard to understand him in general
He blows as GM too but hey atleast its not for the whole show

#28 ·

I'd love to see him back as a commentator. He was excited about the product, he was funny, and above all, he was ENTERTAINING. Josh and Cole are alright but nothing special and a lot of the time I can just tune them out. I can't say the same for Booker, and would love to see him put back behind the table.

They did the same damn thing with Mike Adamle. The guy was hilariously bad as a commentator, so much so that he started gaining fans from it. When WWE saw how popular he was getting they decided to give him a bigger role and made him the GM or RAW. Only then nobody gave a shit because he was just a generic authority figure and the whole reason he got over in the first place ('so bad its good' commentating) he was no longer able to do.

Booker was entertaining as a commentator, as a GM he adds nothing. Put him back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.