Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Stone Cold's 2001 heel run

View Single Post

Old 10-01-2012, 04:03 AM   #26 (permalink)
Tyrion Lannister
The Dread Lord of Apokolips

Tyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inductee
Default Re: Stone Cold's 2001 heel run

I hated it. I'll give him all the props in the world for it, he was probably the best heel I've ever seen next to Eddie, in terms of being a believable, realistic, downright evil villain, those guys are worlds above Triple H in heel acting, his is overrated, but anyways, it just wasn't what people wanted. That was highlighted spectacularly by the segment where they teased Austin going babyface again and joining Team WWF against the Alliance, giving out Stunners like he's fucking Superman surrounded by jobbers. The place went absolutely batshit IN-SA-NE. Seeing the reaction to that, I don't know why he didn't just stay babyface after that. Austin admits that it was a mistake and if he knew the damage it would've done to his career back then, he would've Stunned Vince at WrestleMania X-7 and remained babyface.

To this day, I don't think I've ever seen a top guy have a run that hurt his career more than that Austin heel run. He performed extremely well given the circumstances, his level of skill in playing out his heel psychotic tendencies were world class, but at the end of the day, they ruined a winning formula. You don't tamper with something that's working perfectly. You turn the top guy when he starts getting booed like Cena or Hogan, not when he's red hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fissiks, on Roman Reigns View Post
i can't take any wrestler, who needs creative to marginalize the entire product to make him look better than what he is, seriously.

Last edited by Tyrion Lannister : 10-01-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline   Reply With Quote