Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #333 (permalink)
LBGetBack
Humbled

LBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkSE316 View Post
You are getting very confused...I never said they were similar, quit putting words in my mouth. I said Eminem filled some what of a void left by 2pac's death in terms of just purely speaking your mind...I mean seriously was LL speaking his mind in the late 90's? Was Snoop speaking his mind in the late 90's? Cube had even stopped. You've taken one little point I've brought up and purely overreacted. It's clear as day that you have something against Eminem...come on man, we all know Eminem would destroy 2pac in a Rap Battle. 2pac was a great storyteller and poet, please don't try twist this around in to me being an Eminem fan boy, because it's nothing like that. Shiiiiiiit, I've had 2pac's albums on repeat for the last 5 to 6 months and I even go on Youtube to look for rare footage etc.

2pac did write those songs but Eminem also wrote songs like White America, Mosh, the Way I am. Sure, they are different but that is as close as you are going to get to any political type message in Mainstream Hip Hop unless Hopsin explodes on to the scene and gets rid of Lil Wayne and his cronies.

Rakim, Jay Z, Redman, Scarface etc. have all said Eminem is the greatest MC of all time. I mean, they're opinion must count for something, right? In no way shape or form am I thinking "Oh, those guys think he is the best rapper so now I like him!" I ain't a sheep, thats for sure but if those guys are saying he is the greatest MC than yeah....those guys know their shit.

Yeah, whatever happened to Ja Rule? I remember that "Livin it Up" song was so massive back in the day and than he just faded away...so weird man.

He got owned by 50 Cent and his crew. 50 Cent is eh anyway, he only has like 3 or 4 good songs. Ja Rule came off as a bit of a douchebag.
Umm....after my initial disagreement, did you not say something like "I can't believe you guys don't see it"?

When did LL or Snoop ever "speak their mind"? They never changed much in terms of content. Nas was rapping about some shit. Face always did. DMX filled the Pac "void" in that aspect that you're referring to much more than Eminem did, anyway.

LOL at "The Way I Am"....the song where he whined about being popular? Yeah, that really took some balls.

I told you exactly what my "problems" with Eminem were, there's no mystery. I'm not making trying to make anyone guess here.

Ja Rule had a lot more popular songs than Livin It Up though. He had his run of popular songs, and then things shifted.