Wrestling Forum banner

Official 2012 KoBTB Discussion Thread

27K views 347 replies 30 participants last post by  ThatWeirdGuy 
#1 ·

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD

With the start of our tournament on the horizon, we will have a main thread for the proceedings of the tournament (much like last year) and the user/participant discussion of the tournament should only take place in this thread. We appreciate your cooperation.

I am honored to be the primary spokesperson/host of the tournament, and am very excited to see what wonderful pieces our competitors will put out. In saying this, I can tell you now that this year's tournament will be fun, challenging, and much different from the previous tournaments held... but you will find out more about that as the time comes.

Like I said before, the primary thread for the tournament should be up within the next two days or so... but for now, all OOC discussion of the tournament should go here. DISCUSS!

See less See more
#340 ·
You only just beat me, and I didn't even spell check it properly. Go figure :eek:

But in all seriousness, I haven't read the entries completely but congratulations go to Melvis and 619. In all honesty, I was expecting this to happen, but I'm not all that fussed about it. I didn't enter the tournament to win, per se, I entered to not only test myself and prove to myself that I can produce some good stuff, but to prove to everybody else that I can do so as well, even if I do find it difficult to stick to a thread and well... I personally think I've achieved that.

Anyway, enough of me, congratulations to 619 as well as Melvis - Hell, congratulations to everybody who entered anyway. Putting your own time in to contribute to the section is worthy of a congratulations, right? Whilst I'm on the subject, good job Brye and Jam, stepping in where KingRo let us down. You both did a great job (Y)

A Kirby Coronation, plz?

#341 ·
Holy. Shit.

In a way I'm glad I didn't get through so I wouldn't have ruined that final with another Gabriel/Barrett match :side:

But bloody hell, that is a deserved win if I have ever seen one. All three entries were right out of the top drawer. A massive well done to all three of you, Melvis, Flux and of course 619. Props again to Brye and the Jamster for taking this on (Y)

Looking forward to well... this year's tournament ( 8*D ) already.

All Hail King Kirby!

#345 · (Edited)
All Hail King Kirby!
Just for that, Weird Guy, your new King hereby orders you to follow him around and post this in a fashion of an annoyingly shrill black woman to announce his coming. You must also do so wearing a dress fit for a queen.

HeelKirbs aside, it was thoroughly an honor to compete alongside the lot of you. I really didn't think I had a shot in the finals, so I just let it all hang out. Looking at it now, I will admit I'm a little mad at myself because if I hadn't rushed it and actually edited it, I might've pulled out a perfect score. But that's selfishness talking. Big shout out to both Brye and JabroniJam for picking this thing up when it was more than dead. Major hats off to Fluxy and Melvis for absolutely stellar entries. Any other day of the week with entries like those, and I wouldn't be King :eek:

Oh, and don't think any of you are spared. A full-on HeelKirby coronation speech is still on the horizon.

#342 ·
Congrats to 619DH, a deserved winner. The (former) King has been toppled. Well done to all who took part, shame it took so long to get this done but that's not anyone but KingRo's fault in my opinion. Unlucky to Flux, actually thought he was going to nab it.

No tournament this year, please. :p

#343 ·
Massive congratulations to 619, fully deserved with that entry, was quite epic.

Congrats to both Flux and Melvis also, superb entries and on another day could've easily won this thing. Well done to all who competed, there was some great stuff in the early rounds that led to this great final.

Props to Brye for taking this whole thing on, did a great job. Guess I gotta give JAM props too, as much as it pains me8*D.

All hail King Kirby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.