Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012 King of Be The Booker Thread!
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
KingRo™
No worries, I'll dance myself sober.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HEAD 2 HEAD OPENING ROUND

2012 King of BTB Tournament;
HEAD 2 HEAD ROUND (#1)

To kick things off here, I’d like to congratulate the ten bookers that have advanced to our actual King of BTB Tournament! Your creativity and knack for writing has gotten you into the tournament – but I warn you that the qualifying round was only the beginning! Now, the TRUE test of skill and passion begins, as you will now go head to head with each other for a series of rounds that’ll ultimately determine which one of you will be this years King of BTB. With this said, let us set the ground for the tournament. The top ten bookers from the qualifying rounds will face off against each other, as you will see below. Instead of selecting bouts, I have randomly drawn the names from a hat (literally, I did it) to decide which competitors will battle in the opening round. The results of the drawing are below:

ThatWeirdGuy vs. crooked_reflection
Coolquip vs. Bagwell
Flux Capacitor vs. ChainGangRed
N-Zone vs. Melvis
619IDH vs. LayethTheSmackethD

Now that you guys know your opponents, let’s move on to the challenge!

---------------------------------

HEAD2HEAD OPENING ROUND CHALLENGE;
“THE BIGGEST UPSET SINCE…”

Your challenge for this round will be to write a match with an ‘upset victory’, in which a cruiserweight of your choice CLEANLY defeats a heavyweight or superheavyweight superstar, also of your choosing.

DEADLINE;
The deadline for entries this round is SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7th @ 12:00 AM EST. There will be NO extensions to this deadline. If you do not meet it, you will be declared a ‘no-show’ and disqualified from the tournament.

SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY;
All entries will, as with the qualifying round, be submitted via PRIVATE MESSAGE to me, KingRo™, before the given deadline. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of your bout, and dismissal from the tournament.

JUDGING CRITERIA;
Each entry will be judged by the following categories of criterion on a scale of 1 to 5.

Quote:
REALISM; This is quite simple and should be self explanatory. Obviously, Rey Mysterio wouldn't bodyslam the Big Show during the match. Remember your limits with the difference in weight class. Reality should be the hinge of all booking -- unless of course, you purposefully stray away from realism in your thread. But for tournament purposes... let's stick to reality.

DESCRIPTION; Make the match exciting to read for EVERYONE, especially the judges. As stated in the qualifying round, don't just paint a picture -- bring it to life! Don't leave any questions to be asked, be as descriptive as possible.

FINISH; There's nothing more disappointing than watching an awesome match with a sub-par finish. It's up to you to create the PERFECT match --- explosive content with an equally explosive ending.

All things considered, best wishes to all of you in advancing in the tournament! Let's keep this thing going --- only much smoother than it has so far. Thank you all for baring with me this long.
Cheers!

I'm Back To Booking! Check Out My New BTB:
WWE: Power, Prestige, PASSION.
(Click The Text, Budd.)
------------------
CURRENT EVENTS;
------------------
"It's A PUNK Party!!"
WWE SUMMERSLAM HAS BEEN POSTED!!
(Click "Summerslam" To See The SHOW!)
==================
In case you haven't noticed, I'm a total mark for the Georgia font.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome