Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Team Rhodes Scholars

View Single Post

Old 09-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #89 (permalink)
-Skullbone-
In Jericho, we trust

-Skullbone- 2501 - 3000-Skullbone- 2501 - 3000-Skullbone- 2501 - 3000-Skullbone- 2501 - 3000-Skullbone- 2501 - 3000-Skullbone- 2501 - 3000-Skullbone- 2501 - 3000-Skullbone- 2501 - 3000-Skullbone- 2501 - 3000-Skullbone- 2501 - 3000-Skullbone- 2501 - 3000
Default Re: The Rhodes Scholars

Quote:
It IS a bad thing. No, he's not a failure but only because he FINALLY got his moment with winning the world title. He would never have been given that opportunity if Edge's career wasn't cut short by doctor's orders. Never in a million years, it was a pure sympathy push to make Edge happy because he had to retire.

Until Extreme Rules 2011, he was a complete failure, a complete, midcard, minor league failure. And I fucking love Christian but the truth is what it is. If you haven't had the world title, you're nothing, your career has no merit and I won't accept Sandow as nothing.
What is this? Don't tell me you buy into such a ridiculous philosophy? That's the definition of markdom.

Putting that aside, I actually wouldn't mind having Sandow and Rhodes bounce in the midcard and be occasionally inserted into a higher up role where they may participate in the main event scene on occasion (along with DB and Kane of course). That's only a personal preference though as I know slow steady pushes are a rarity in today's climate. I want to see some legitimate acts who can be a long lasting impression in viewer's minds rather than recreating a similar scenario to "oh yeah, that Jack Swagger guy. Wasn't that tard a world champ before he fell into a fissure?" Quick, half baked pushes very rarely work unless there's a strong premise behind the character/performer.
-Skullbone- is offline   Reply With Quote