Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Sons of Anarchy: Season 5 (Discussion Thread, SPOILERS)

View Single Post

Old 09-30-2012, 12:28 AM   #90 (permalink)
Stroker Ace
Stroking is the Antidote

Stroker Ace better hope they're relatively new hereStroker Ace better hope they're relatively new hereStroker Ace better hope they're relatively new hereStroker Ace better hope they're relatively new hereStroker Ace better hope they're relatively new hereStroker Ace better hope they're relatively new hereStroker Ace better hope they're relatively new hereStroker Ace better hope they're relatively new hereStroker Ace better hope they're relatively new hereStroker Ace better hope they're relatively new hereStroker Ace better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy: Season 5 (Discussion Thread, SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues_Sunshyne View Post
You're right with a lot of it but Opie was the most endearing character in the show. Even if the Character had nothing to live for, we knew the potential of the character.

Put it this way, if Sutter got what he wanted in us talking about it then I'm sure it could backfire. Say I know 20 people who watch it who I have spoken to, no more than 2 or 3 said it was anything but crazy and at least of half of them aren't planning to keep up with it week by week. A lot of people I've read online in forums have said the same.

I completely understand what your saying, but this is Opie, man. Arguably the best character overall, I would go so far as to say the character who has had the most happen to him, the guy who a LOT of people got behind and a definite favourite of the show, killed off in a 15 minute story arc. It's not that I dislike the fact Opie has been killed off, it's TV. It's shit but I could live with it. It's the way it happened. A character like that should truly go out with a bang, and be built up. He shouldn't die in a 15 minute story arc in an episode it's announced a week before in advance that somebody will die, and he should have got a few more smacks in to be fair before he was killed. He was also in the same jail as the rest of the gang, even though their crimes were completely different and wouldn't put you in the same jail. His story with Clay may have been over, but by that extent so is Jax's. Jax knows what has happened and has made as much peace with Clay as Opie did.

I also read an interview with Kurt Sutter where he told the interviewer what episodes certain things will happen and I completely hate that. He told about the Jax/Clay story, the Gemma/Nero story, Juices story and one or two others. I would cite it as evidence now but after all of the stuff with Johnny Lewis and what Sutter has said about the situation I can't find it.

I have been looking forward to this season of Sons since the end of last season set it up so well. Now, not so much. As much as I dislike killing Opie off I really can't stand the fact they advertised a death beforehand and the stuff I read in the interview. I'm not really interested in much of it now.
Me personally considering the story in this season I honestly can't think of any other way that Op could've gone out with a bang unless Jax had shot him after he shot Clay.

When you think of the other possibilities (death by Clay, Pope, Pope's right hand man, the club, drive by, hell even Lyla) this might have been the best choice, him going down swinging and showing his loyalty to the club despite all the shit it did to him.

I agree Opie had a lot to offer, but they kind of ruined the potential with the string of bad luck and moping around the character had. They had a chance to do a lot with his story after last season's finale, but they didnt go anywhere with it and I could tell he wasn't going to make it through the series, the man who's lost practically everything?

It was inevitable.