Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #291 (permalink)
Ether
Fired by SCOTT STEINER

Ether probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
There was definitely a segment of hip hop fans that thought IWW was a disappointment, back when it came out. That was far from the general consensus, but there was definitely a segment that thought that. That album's status has definitely become more favorable over time.

Just look at Jay-Z's Takeover diss.....calling it "eh". He was wrong, but he wasn't the only one who thought that.

I Am and Street's Disciple are at least half dope to me. I Am had a few bad songs, and a few where the lyrics were there but the beats weren't. SD was just too long, classic double album problem. Put 20+ songs on an album, and there's bound to be some weak songs.

Untitled was really good to me.
I meant right now, it's consensus. Only Stillmatic and Illmatic can be argued as better imo.

Agreed on I am, and also on SD. Is there any really good double album besides LAD and All Eyez on me? And Untitled wasn't bad, it was like a 6.5-7 to me. Better than SD/I Am/Nastradamus though.