Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #291 (permalink)
Ether
Fired by SCOTT STEINER

Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
There was definitely a segment of hip hop fans that thought IWW was a disappointment, back when it came out. That was far from the general consensus, but there was definitely a segment that thought that. That album's status has definitely become more favorable over time.

Just look at Jay-Z's Takeover diss.....calling it "eh". He was wrong, but he wasn't the only one who thought that.

I Am and Street's Disciple are at least half dope to me. I Am had a few bad songs, and a few where the lyrics were there but the beats weren't. SD was just too long, classic double album problem. Put 20+ songs on an album, and there's bound to be some weak songs.

Untitled was really good to me.
I meant right now, it's consensus. Only Stillmatic and Illmatic can be argued as better imo.

Agreed on I am, and also on SD. Is there any really good double album besides LAD and All Eyez on me? And Untitled wasn't bad, it was like a 6.5-7 to me. Better than SD/I Am/Nastradamus though.