Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #289 (permalink)
LBGetBack
Humbled

LBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
IWW is usually consensus Nas's 2nd or 3rd best album, doesn't get dogged at all. Only thing in his discography that's a skip to me is I am/Nastradamus/Street's Disciple/Untitled

Is DJ Dramas album worth checking for?
There was definitely a segment of hip hop fans that thought IWW was a disappointment, back when it came out. That was far from the general consensus, but there was definitely a segment that thought that. That album's status has definitely become more favorable over time.

Just look at Jay-Z's Takeover diss.....calling it "eh". He was wrong, but he wasn't the only one who thought that.

I Am and Street's Disciple are at least half dope to me. I Am had a few bad songs, and a few where the lyrics were there but the beats weren't. SD was just too long, classic double album problem. Put 20+ songs on an album, and there's bound to be some weak songs.

Untitled was really good to me.

Last edited by LBGetBack : 09-29-2012 at 05:04 PM.