Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Crowd Edits

Thread: The Crowd Edits
View Single Post

Old 09-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
TheSupremeForce
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

TheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: The Crowd Edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_zombo View Post
I just love it when the crowd "roars" over something happening in the ring, but if you look in the background behind the wrestlers, literally everyone within the camera shot is sitting and watching the show.

They should start throwing in computer generated fans too, just so the cheering looks realistic
That's actually a terrible way of determining whether a reaction is real or not. The people with the "best seats" from a camera perspective are often on a completely different wavelength than the majority of the crowd. That tends to be the smarkiest portion of the crowd, so their reactions often don't tell the actual story of what a crowd is doing.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the WWE doesn't add fake crowd noise after the face (because they do). I'm simply saying that it doesn't happen as often as people claim. It's kind of absurd to go to a show and then listen to people insist that the crowd reactions were all fake even though you were THERE.

This was a general argument. The Miz/Sheamus segment this week did seem a bit over the top in crowd responses.
TheSupremeForce is offline   Reply With Quote