Wrestling Forum banner

Sara Del Rey: New WWE Developmental Trainer

6K views 44 replies 31 participants last post by  volunteer75 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I think its great. She is the top option to have has a trainer...imagine little mini sara del rey's in the ring representing the divas division...the improvement will be astounding.

also I imagine if she does a good job she will get some wrestling time, however I think she applied to be a trainer so maybe shes looking for some down time for a while...

#8 ·
and she's still making 5 times the money she made wrestling infront of 10 people

her wrestling career isn't over, she wouldn't sign with the wwe if she knew she wasn't going to compete. in fact i'm sure triple h approached her with an offer that'll have her live good for a long time.

she's 32, she's no spring chicken ... she's going to become a trainer eventually, so why not start now and get in good graces with the wwe, who has shown that it takes great care of it's employees who are very loyal to them.

sara del rey is the best female performer today and she happens to now be in the wwe, female wrestlers will now be more comfortable training with her as opposed to norman smiley(or before, finlay)

#11 · (Edited)
I doubt she will remain as a trainer her whole WWE career. And I doubt Sara Del Rey would have signed if it was only for a trainers spot. She is a female wrestling veteran with more the 10 years of experience. They could have told her that she would help train the rookie Divas until and if they find something for her to do on the main roster. I am sure most of the rookie Divas like Summer Rae, Anya, Charlotte, Emma, Audrey Marie and even Paige train every week. Sara Del Rey typically does not need any more training, so she is offered a trainers spot in the mean time. She might be doing double duty.

#14 ·
WWE needs Del Ray on the main roster now. Beth is leaving Kelly is gone who does that leave Eve Layla Natalya Alicia Fox Kaitlyn and Layla how sad. The Divas Division needs Del Ray and to piledrive the he11 out of Eve.

#16 ·
As much as they may need Del Ray on the main roster, they need her more as a trainer right now because they need a female trainer who can work with the women and teach them more than just cartwheels, stink faces, and back flips off the top rope. Maybe Sara can teach them how to properly work the ropes. If she can do that, then maybe we wont have another "Kelly Kelly" for a long time. This is probably just Sara's way of getting in to the WWE since she isn't just another pretty face model that they look for. I'm sure that we will see her in the ring in the future.

By the way, is that Joey Mercury in the middle?

#18 ·
If she were on the main roster as a wrestler, who the hell would she even compete against? Alicia Fox? The best/smartest thing for her to do is train women directly and try to build the division back up.

#22 ·
I just don't understand how is she going to help anything at all.. Divas get no screen time now a days in the WWE unless your name is AJ. Why go through all of this? I mean... Vince doesn't give a fuck about the Divas division considering how lazy writters are with it. And Divas get like 3 minutes matches which to be honest it isn't much.

Plus.. They can't act or sell right. Kaitlyn and Eve storyline is an example of how lazy these fucks are with the division.

#23 ·
If it helps them get better in the ring, it's helping. Small steps at a time in my mind.

Audiences aren't going to respect the women wrestler's in any capacity if they struggle to put a match together. If Del Rey does a good job with them it at least gets a few more raised eyebrows pointed in their direction.

#24 ·

- Head WWE NXT trainer Bill DeMott posted a photo again confirming Sara Del Rey and UK legend Robbie Brookside are working with WWE developmental talents. In the photo below are Triple H hire Canyon Cemen, Gerald Brisco, DeMott, Sara Del Rey, Norman Smiley, Joey Mercury, Robbie Brookside, William Regal, Byron Saxton, Rob Naylor, Steve Keirn, CJ Parker and Corey Graves.

#28 ·

- Head WWE NXT trainer Bill DeMott posted a photo again confirming Sara Del Rey and UK legend Robbie Brookside are working with WWE developmental talents. In the photo below are Triple H hire Canyon Cemen, Gerald Brisco, DeMott, Sara Del Rey, Norman Smiley, Joey Mercury, Robbie Brookside, William Regal, Byron Saxton, Rob Naylor, Steve Keirn, CJ Parker and Corey Graves.
Jason Jordan not Corey Graves

#25 ·
its good that she will train the divas in developmental. They need it and will make them better. Too bad Alicia Fox can't join them she still needs help.

#27 · (Edited)
Norman Smiley has spotted something in the distance, but what?

Also, Alicia had a good match against Paige that's already been posted somewhere. She can be quite serviceable in there when looking beyond her god-awful coordination and when (in what I interpret to be) more able workers wean her off her reliance on clumsy striking when doing her control segment. There have been times when her clumsiness overrides everything else, although she cops a tad too much flack for the same stuff Beth Phoenix got a free ride a lot of the time.

#32 · (Edited)
Not going to help. Those models are unteachable.
Thanks for your insight, Jack. But what models are you talking about? Layla and Eve were both models, and they've turned out to be pretty good workers. There was also this model that they signed a while back by the name of Patricia Stratigias that turned out to be pretty good. Doesn't even one exception make your unteachable theory false? Doesn't that same exception make you a cretinous bigot? Ah! We're getting closer and closer to the true answer all the time!

And there's a grand total of 0 models in developmental right now, so I have to ask... What in the Sam Hill could you possibly be talking about?

#33 ·
I don't understand what makes a model any more ~*unteachable*~ than anyone else who is totally green and new to wrestling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.