Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Raw Feb 1998 - The New Age Outlaws push the dumpster off the stage
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
richie t
Learning to break kayfabe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Raw Feb 1998 - The New Age Outlaws push the dumpster off the stage

What do people think about this angle, for those who have not seen it in a while, here's what happened, Terry Funk under his Chainsaw Charlie persona and Cactus Jack were in the midst of a hardcore match, they had challenged each other earlier in the day to find out who the real king of hardcore was, Cactus placed Funk in the dumpster climbed the titantron and dropped an elbow in the dumpster, at that point, the Outlaws who had been feuding with them, came out, closed the lid on the dumpster and pushed it off the stage, with JR screaming 'Don't do that, there's people in there'

At that point, the show seemed to stop as the entire locker room came out to assist the medics with Cactus and Funk, I think this was one of the first times the heel-face line was divided as you had the Headbangers, Flash Funk and Savio Vega help to load them in the ambulance, Sunny was in floods of tears [she looked genuenly upset] Vince Mcmahon [who was not fully Mr Mcmahon yet] came out to assess the situation, at one point it was hinted at that even the Outlaws regretted doing it.

I cam't remember a time before this where everyone had thought a heel went too far, Jerry Lawler [a full on heel at the time] said it was stupid and Kevin Kelly said the Outlaws are fathers and what must their children think of them [the first time I can recall an announcer saying that about a heel's action]

This moment is never really talked about, what did everybody think?

Last edited by richie t; 09-29-2012 at 04:31 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome