Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat ?

View Single Post

Old 09-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
Stanford
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Stanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friends
Default Re: is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat ?

Well, you're implying that Bret Hart is a better wrestler than Steve Austin. I completely disagree with that. Austin is absolutely a Deniro, and better than Bret if you ask me.

Quote:
so how is hogan being able to draw and being average in almost every other aspect outside of charisma allowing him to be considered as one of the goat despite others being 100 times more talented than him and being lower placed....
The comparison doesn't work because the nature of the two parts are so different. When people call Hulk Hogan a draw, it means a lot more than just selling out arenas. He was responsible for a huge boom in the popularity of the industry. He inspired an entire generation, and created unforgettable moments in the history of, not only the sport, but the culture as well. When Adam Sandler makes big money at the box office for another travesty of a film, it doesn't check any of the boxes Hogan checks. Jack and Jill is not the equivalent of body slamming Andre at Wrestlemania. You just can't compare the two.

The entire film industry also doesn't depend on three or four guys to make all their money. It's tons of different companies, directors, actors, etc. If Will Smith drops dead today, the film industry doesn't miss a beat. If John Cena dies tonight, wrestling may have a problem.

I am an All Time Great.