Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #277 (permalink)
Choke2Death
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania

Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Coolio had some joints on that first album, especially. It's crazy how he disappeared.....he went from one of the most popular rappers and biggest stars out in 95-96(2nd album) to not even mentioned at all by like 98. Rap moved and changed a lot faster back then, he was a classic example of that 2-3 album run, and then you're completely over just like that. He's NEVER mentioned now either.

It's bugged to me how underground cats like Big L are known by kids who weren't even born when he came out, while actual pop-culture stars from back then like Coolio are obsolete. And I'm not complaining, Big L was a more talented rapper. It's just weird to me. Power of the internet, I guess.
Yep. Everybody and their momma knows about "Gangsta's Paradise" but that's about as far as it gets. And Coolio is nowhere near as bad a rapper as most of the underground backpack elitists like to claim he is. But then again, MC Hammer, who still has the best selling album in hip-hop is pretty much irrelevant and hardly anyone ever talks about him. Times change...