Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennis Discussion Thread

244K views 7K replies 141 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 ·

Hot off the heels of an amazing French Open, the men and women now turn to the grass courts of Wimbledon. Can Rafa continue with his momentum, or can Novak wrestle it back? Can Federer rise up and collect another slam? Can Murray get a breakthrough slam in front of his home crowd? Will there be a darkhorse shocker like Tomic :side: to come through and take the world by storm?

I'm thoroughly looking forward to this event, it's my favourite slam and I'm really hoping to see some great tennis on display. As far as the ladies go, you'd have to think Sharapova, Kvitova, Serena, Azarenka etc will all be in the mix, Stosur a slight chance provided she doesn't choke it up in monumental fashion, and well, who knows with the women, Wozniacki might even break through and break her duck.

June 25th, can't come soon enough.

See less See more
#3,101 ·
Wow, Sharapova destroyed her opponent, so did Venus. The match between them should be really interesting.

Hewitt and Tipsaveric is going to start, hoping Hewitt can cause an upset.

Why does Sharapova take so long to serve? :(. Expect her to win this quite comfortably.
Yeah, she takes too long to serve, it is really annoying.

#3,099 ·
Wow, Sharapova destroyed her opponent today. She's playing well. Looking around, as is Venus Williams at the moment 6-1, 3-0 as we stand. Meanwhile Nishikori lost the first set on a tiebreak, not a great start for him.

#3,103 ·
Samurai Kei won in 4 sets 6-7,6-3,6-1,6-3. Well thank god. Was a bit worried after the first set when i went to bed, but i'm glad he was able to sort it out for the rest of them.

Most of the top womens players today won easily. Djokovic won in straights, so no shock there. Monaco is out already :lol

#3,105 · (Edited)
I don't know for sure, but if he can, i think it would require Federer to win it and Novak to lose very early.

Also, i'm a bit annoyed at the OOP for tomorrow. Fed-Paire, and Tsonga-Llodra scheduled at the same time. I wanted to watch both matches :(

#3,107 · (Edited)
Yeh both Sharapova and Venus were pretty unstoppable tonight, I look forward to their hopeful clash in the third round, if both are playing this way I'm not sure who I fancy for that match. Also well done to Heather Watson for making it through. She was a set and a break down, had a medical timeout and went on to win the match so it was a great win for her.

Rooting for Hewitt, looks like it might be a late nighter in Australia!

#3,112 ·
It's over. I went for a Hewitt win in this match too :(

Just been checking some other results, and Barthel the first seed to fall in the womens draw. She really needs to sort herself out, because she's a talented player. Just doesn't know what to do with it. Needs a coach ASAP.

Dimitrov lost in straights to Benneteau.

#3,117 ·
Hewitt/Tipsarevic was really good and more close than the 3 sets to 0 score line. Tipsarevic was just too good though.

This Bagdhatis/Ramos match is pretty good. I don't mind who wins though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.