Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - TNA Changes Policy Regarding Talent Working Indy Shows

View Single Post

Old 09-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
TNAmarkFromIndia
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

TNAmarkFromIndia should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsTNAmarkFromIndia should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsTNAmarkFromIndia should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: TNA Changes Policy Regarding Talent Working Indy Shows

This is a statement Nick Jackson of The Young Bucks/Generation Me made in early July 2012 in an interview with Wrestling Revealed:

I just had a baby girl, so
that was a big reason because
now she's my number one
priority, and where ever I can
work for money I'll go there.
But now TNA has guaranteed
contracts or that's what we
have heard, but if we had a
guarantee we would have
stayed.

TNA used to have pay-per-appearance deals for their mid-card and undercard, but that's changed since then and they have guaranteed downside contracts with performance bonuses like WWE. TNA are now trying for their talent to become more exclusive I guess, but appearances on Indy shows should only help the mid/lower card talent as they get to put their name out there. TNA should have tried to make it work with the Indy promoters, because it would be win-win for everyone involved. I guess this is one of the changes that has happened under the Prichard regime.
TNAmarkFromIndia is offline   Reply With Quote