Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #6320 (permalink)
N-destroy
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

N-destroy 101 - 250N-destroy 101 - 250
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandrone View Post
What were the dates of these shows? That's very interesting that the overrun lost viewers on the first batch when it had Orton and HHH involved. Who was in the 5 on 5 main event? That got a big gain. I can only assume it had something to with HHH, Orton, the McMahons, and/or maybe Taker/HBK, but I'm not sure.
The first one was in March, that was the night when Orton kissed Stephanie in the ring after laying her out with an RKO. Back then, I was a member of another popular wrestling forum, I remember when this particular rating breakdown came out, there was a lot of long discussions going on, about why the overrun lost viewers. Apparently the reason was "Man on Woman Violence" tend to be direct rating killers with the casuals. I'm not sure if thats the case but it makes sense since the main event was high point of the show and outdrew the Overrun. Also, i recall someone posted that rating dropped when Cena attacked Lita back in 05/06? at the top of the hour or something. Not too sure though.

The second one was in May. The big rating was because of the conflict over pepsi center with NBA, when WWE had to move the event to staples center coz of double booking on the same date. Vince Mcmahon effectively used it for publicity and booked a 5 on 5 match involving MVP, Cena, Batista, Lawler & Kennedy vs. Orton, Legacy, The Miz & Show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsi_C...ng_controversy

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=4188189

Match sucked but was hilarious,

Last edited by N-destroy : 09-27-2012 at 10:36 PM.