Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)
View Single Post
post #6299 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 06:57 PM
PHX
Respect

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lady Killer View Post
Basically, the only full time member of the roster who can draw a dime is Cena. That should be common sense to anyone. All of this TV ratings analysis is futile.
I don't like this misconception as it comes off as people think T.V ratings in 2012 is a indication of how much money a guy is pulling in. Not saying you're doing that with your post but I've seen others with this outlook. Obviously Punk is bringing in some money for Vince or else they would have took the belt off of him long ago. He's still a top merch seller (which seems to be a very underminded aspect on this site), the house shows are doing fine and at one point had to put Punk on the Smackdown shows to help attendance when Orton got suspended. Apparently does better than Cena in regards to people showing up for comic con which there is money there. And of course when it comes to using the hometown factor to pack a house that seems to be a strength they have in Punk since there isn't anyone on the roster who is more loved in their hometown than he is. So Punk is obviously putting money in the companies pocket. Then you got a guy like Rey who always sells merch and is very important to the latin market same with Sin Cara to a lesser extent. I'm sure Orton helps them sell live event tickets for the Smackdown brand, and merch too.

So I don't agree with this assumption that only Cena makes money for the company and everyone else doesn't contribute at all. He of course makes them the most money but not ALL of it is all I'm saying.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome