Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 09-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #6285 (permalink)
Starbuck
Best For Business

Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Here's my deal.

Rock/Lesnar = Legit crossover stars with mainstream appeal and BIG time draws/money makers. Part time.

HHH/Taker = Legit WWE star attractions with widespread appeal to casuals and big time draws/money makers. Part time.

Legends = Ability to pop a number based on special appearances but no real long term ability due to obvious restrictions. Sporadic appearances.

John Cena = Legit WWE star attraction with widespread appeal to casuals and big time draw/money maker. Full time. Clearly suffering from overexposure and lack of other star attractions.

*Vince McMahon = Legit WWE star attraction with widespread appeal to casuals and big time draw/money maker. Sporadic appearances.

That's your lot in today's WWE. That is your list of draws based on the numbers and overall common sense dictated by those numbers. Where do you place CM Punk on that list?

CM Punk = Not a legitimate star attraction. No widespread appeal to casuals. Not a big time draw/money maker. Full time. Needs help of somebody from the above list to truly make an impact when it comes to drawing.

So I ask again, where does he go on the list? The simple fact is, he doesn't fit on there. That's my issue. You want to call Punk a draw then you're placing him on the same level as other draws when he doesn't have the same credentials. Where's the sense in that? Everybody else on the list has been drawing consistently and at the highest level for years. Their ability to draw fans to TV, sell PPV's, move merch and sell live show tickets is proven. Either that or they are a one off special attraction that obviously aids them in the way that people want to see them because they aren't on all the time. All of them have earned their spot on the list. Factually, they all deserve to be on it. Is Punk at the same level as these guys? Has he met the same criteria and proven that he should be on the list too? No, he hasn't. Which then of course begs the question, is Punk a draw? I think there's only one answer to the question tbh.

Last edited by Starbuck : 09-27-2012 at 05:29 PM.