Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official 9/27 Impact Discussion: Hogan's ready to play in the clubhouse, jack!
View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 05:11 PM
JenksIX
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official 9/27 Impact Discussion: Hogan's ready to play in the clubhouse, jack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfleite View Post
I wonder if we saw the last of Joey Ryan stemming from TNA not allowing wrestlers to be on Indy DVDs. Joey is co-owner of PWG and is wrestling their event in October.
You bring up an interesting point.

I've mentioned it before and no one really responded, but I think there is a possibility Joey Ryan doesn't end up as a full time member of the Impact roster.

When he was picked for Gutcheck, I read that Ryan was offered a contract in 2009, but turned it down. He's part owner of PWG and he loves California, and I can't see TNA offering him a worthwhile contract at this point(they're not paying their established stars, why pay more for this guy out of the indies?.) His value on the indy scene has also increased since this whole angle has happened.

I think what was suppose to happen was TNA wanted to say "no" to someone and instead of being dicks and blindsiding someone they asked Joey (who knows Lagana and has worked for Hogan/TNA in the past) if he'd like to make an appearance on Impact and is willing to take a no vote since he wasn't interested in joining anyway and Joey took the deal as it'd get his name out there. Then along the way, there was a lot of backlash against TNA for not giving Joey a contract so TNA decided lets roll with this and have the guy come back and milk this for what it's worth.

Joey debuted back in May and will have wrestled two matches in 5 months (if he's at BFG) and done 0 house show appearances and sold 0 merchandise. I'm not saying it's going to happen this way, but I think there's a possibility that BFG is one and done for Joey. Hopefully not though.

Last edited by JenksIX; 09-27-2012 at 05:15 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome