Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #1021 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Rock316AE
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

LOL@Green Light's sig, I don't even remember who this kid is TBH.

Anyway, 13 years ago today. RAW Is WAR, arguably the most memorable segment in wrestling history happened and a special moment with The Rock and Mick Foley just going out there in front of the live audience to have fun for almost 30 minutes on live TV. This is Your Life, a concept that a lot of people want to take credit for his massive success, it was a combination of Rock, Foley and Russo doing an innovative, first time ever segment in a wrestling environment.

The Rock and Sock connection made history that night with a record breaking audience. WWE tried to recreate the magic twice after that, including Rock doing the same segment for Foley as the go home segment for WM20. That was also the first tag match(Rock/Sock/Evolution)to be the selling point of a WM since WM1 and also the last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Rock-Says View Post
Put 316AE on wwe tv for a month and he'd be the biggest heel in the business.

His gimmick would be to go out every week and talk about The Rock and how great he is. Ratings, PPV numbers, etc etc. 20 minute promo every time.

He does this all year and then Rock comes back and puts him down.

Rock Vs Rock316AE - WM 29 - 1.7M BUYS.
Money angle, and I'm doing a clean job y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clique View Post
but I'd take Rock/Lesnar in an epic main event big money match even if it is non-title. Put Mayweather in there as the enforcer (my dream scenario)and it could be the biggest match WWE could put together today.
There's still hope for that(Rock/Brock), things like that are changing in one conversation. Floyd is a major factor if he's actually working the PPV, I still say that Floyd with HHH in his corner against Brock is the best way to book it, the buzz for Mayweather/Lesnar will be astronomical. And if it's a combination of Rock/Brock/Floyd, it can be the biggest match of all time, not only from the material today.

Last edited by Rock316AE; 09-27-2012 at 04:47 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome