Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Sometimes being BRAVE is not enough)

View Single Post

Old 09-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #4633 (permalink)
danny_boy
Little Poppa Pump

danny_boy probably won't be misseddanny_boy probably won't be misseddanny_boy probably won't be misseddanny_boy probably won't be misseddanny_boy probably won't be misseddanny_boy probably won't be misseddanny_boy probably won't be misseddanny_boy probably won't be misseddanny_boy probably won't be misseddanny_boy probably won't be misseddanny_boy probably won't be missed
Default re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Winning at home is overrated anyways)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreBaker View Post
I think you answered your own question.

...but anyway, I believe that having ex-pros as referees would be a good start, you know, people who actually understand the game and aren't just following a list of rules in a game that is probably otherwise completely alien to them.

Splinter arse Steve Harper is a good example of a pro who is involved in refereeing, maybe the FA should put out more incentives for ex-pros (even current ones) to get into it as well? I do realise this could bring other problems involving bias and grudges, but it's not as if that's not a problem now.
I see what you're saying but say we have 5 have ex-pro's refereeing in the Premier League who apply there undertsanding to the game on the feild of play and you have 5 referee's who have come up through the ranks from the very bottom who do as you say follow the list of rules it will them bring the whole "consistency" problem, so what do you do then?

Do you make it so only ex-pro's can Referee in the Premier League which could potentially then lead to jealousy from the Referee's who have now lost there posistion as an Elite Referee or Referee's in the lower leagues who have aspirations at Refereeing at the very top who would then all of a sudden of there ambitions ripped from them and the best they could then dream of is refereeing the Championship Play-off final.

Also to be fair to our Referee's they do let alot of things go compared to Referee's accross the continent, A common phase you often hear when watching a Champions League/Europa League/International match with an English team inolved is "You can't do that in an XYZ game and get away with it" which suggests that our Referee's are a bit more leniant.