Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Am I the only one disappointed with Austin Aries?

View Single Post

Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #60 (permalink)
ErrybodyTaps
Little Poppa Pump

ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000
Default Re: Am I the only one disappointed with Austin Aries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9QA View Post
maybe i did hate him , but he did not win me over . His stuff with bully ray, joe and roode was all spots fests . he don't slow down at the right times.

he pickup joe why did he not sell his back hurting . him going over roode was just nuts .( i am a roode mark )

"fallout" for saying "Austin Aries is a bad in ring worker" thats how i see it i am a fan you can love it thats up too you.
Your calling those spot fests shows your level of understanding of a wrestling match. Those 3 matches told great stories in ring, and you'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of fans who did not enjoy those matches.

You are simply grasping for straws to defend your point that Aries sucks or is a bad in ring performer, which you would be hard pressed to (again) find a more than a handful of people who agree with you on that. You are simply hating Aries moreso than perhaps you already do because creative decided to have him go over a wrestler who you mark for. Your anger is being directed in the wrong spot. Unless you are angry at the fact that Aries is in fact a great worker (and it pains you to admit it obviously) and has gotten himself over with the TNA fanbase and TNA took notice and decided to cash in on the momentum Aries built up and give him the ball to run with (considering they may realize they might have missed an opportunity with Storm).

It's one thing to not like his character or his in ring style but it's another to call him a bad in ring worker when it's plain to the naked eye that that is simply untrue. I don't like Jeff Hardy's in ring style, his moveset or his character, in fact he practically bores me to tears at this stage of his career but I recognize the fact that he is a good in ring worker.