Wrestling Forum banner

Cena 36 - who's next to carry the company?

9K views 82 replies 71 participants last post by  Wrestling02370 
#1 ·
With John Cena being 36 and close to retirement age, beaten up body, broken neck and now this surgery. Who is likely to be next to carry the company. They must know that Cena can't be the face for much long and they either need to built someone or give someone a major push.

Question is , who is it likely to be??? And he currently in the company?

#5 ·
Cena's next 5 years of wrestling.

As for who will be the next "face" or "carrier" of the company, it could be anyone. Someone on the roster who hits stride, someone in development, someone undiscovered. Only time can tell.

#9 ·
If Cena retired today, Ryback would be the first immediate beneficiary. His winning streak makes him a kayfabe legitimate title contender. Could be pretty good. I liked seeing Punk a little intimidated by him on Monday.

#25 ·
but he is so awful in every aspect fpalm it's what really worries me about the product right now, how a guy like ryback can be pushed to the moon when he lacks everything that makes a star a top face of the company, at least goldberg had some charisma and personality if we to the inmediate comparison

#14 ·
I think there are plenty of candidates that could take his spot and actually do far better... the over reliance on Cena has kept guys down over the years and you can't really call Cena a great face of the company when this isn't exactly going to be the most fondly remembered era in wrestling.

Personally, I think Daniel Bryan is the guy right now. He's is absolutely white hot, can turn shit into pure gold, and is just over when it seems at every turn the WWE has tried to merely use him as a stepping stone for someone else. I mean, the 18 second squash did more to elevate Bryan and actually kinda get in the way of Sheamus. And he has the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand... he can get them going without any obvious pandering or ploys that come off as fake.

#19 ·
Cena will never retire. He has nothing outside of the WWE. It's his life and I firmly believe that he means that, which is actually quite sad if you think about it.

#22 ·
I really wouldn't want Sheamus as the face. I dislike the Irish accent, the over use of the word "fella" and his random blabbering. If Cena retires at 40, I expect Orton to be the transitional top dog till they build someone up. No one knows who'll be next they may not be on TV or hired yet.
Someone could randomly just burst out at anytime really. Like Cena when he accepted Angle's challenge who said whilst watching it "this guy is the new face and gonna be huge"? For me he had the second coming of Maven all over him. Proved me wrong.

#23 ·
We're not going to be able to guess it.

In 1994 nobody said you know what 4 years from now Steve Austin will be the face of wrestling.

In 2000 nobody said you know what 4 years from now John Cena will be the face of the wrestling.

When Cena retires WWE will go into a transition period and experiment with a few guys but who comes out will be completely unexpected.

It will probally be new blood though. Someone like Bryan might be the Triple H or Angle figure to put that guy over.

#29 ·
Ryback has a very, very good chance if he is pushed right

Then there's Sheamus who WWE is trying to push as the next Cena.

Miz is also a contender, the guy has talent.

#30 ·
for everyone saying Ryback, he is nearing 30 if not there already. by the time Cena isn't up to carrying the load anymore, Ryback will be 38...

Just a guess.

That's why you don't see Punk being pushed to the moon at the expense of Cena. Phil is like 32. Why put your future in a guy who is only 4 years younger than your current mega star?

WWF went to Ultimate Warrior, then Bret Hart, then Shawn Michaels, then Steve Austin, then The Rock, then Brock Lesnar, etc. and it worked because they were getting guys who were mid to lat 20's and still had (or so they thought) alot of life left.

#57 · (Edited)
for everyone saying Ryback, he is nearing 30 if not there already. by the time Cena isn't up to carrying the load anymore, Ryback will be 38...

Just a guess.

That's why you don't see Punk being pushed to the moon at the expense of Cena. Phil is like 32. Why put your future in a guy who is only 4 years younger than your current mega star?

WWF went to Ultimate Warrior, then Bret Hart, then Shawn Michaels, then Steve Austin, then The Rock, then Brock Lesnar, etc. and it worked because they were getting guys who were mid to lat 20's and still had (or so they thought) alot of life left.
Bret was 35 when he first won the big belt
Austin was 33
Shawn was 31

#32 ·
Frankly, I don't think that person has shown up yet. Remember, it took Cena only a year and a half after his debut to become one of the most over superstars in the business and became the star of one of WWE's first featured films. Not too long after that, he headlined a Wrestlemania and won the WWE Championship. He was made to become a superstar very early in his career. No one in recent memory has elevated as quickly as John Cena and until that happens, I don't see anyone making a move to become the next big superstar.

#34 ·
Frankly, I don't think that person has shown up yet. Remember, it took Cena only a year and a half after his debut to become one of the most over superstars in the business and became the star of one of WWE's first featured films. Not too long after that, he headlined a Wrestlemania and won the WWE Championship. He was made to become a superstar very early in his career. NO ONE IN RECENT MEMORY HAS ELEVATED AS QUICKLYas John Cena and until that happens, I don't see anyone making a move to become the next big superstar.
DANIEL BRYAN

#33 ·
Ryback,orton(hes like 32 hes got some years left),Sheamus,Barrett,Punk,Ziggler,Ambrose,Bryan are going to be the future main eventers and any one of them big guys could be the new face

#36 ·
Orton's got the looks (chicks love him)
Sheamus' got the push (and the looks)
Miz's got the charisma.

I'd say vince will make them breed and create the new star.

#38 ·
on wikipedia cena is 35. and even if he was 36 does it make a difference? we all know cena never gives up.

#40 ·
It's not going to be Randy Orton, he's to unreliable. It's not going to be CM Punk because I doubt he wants the pressure of being a top face. Not to mention I don't think he's going to be around for a lot longer. Daniel Bryan will be a big player, but I doubt he'll be the top face. Vince want's a guy who is over, has a larger than life persona, is good with media. A guy who is trustworthy, reliable, and will be around for a long time.

It could be Ryback, but than again I'm not entirely sure. He has a great look, a great presence, is decent on the mic. But, I'm not sure how he would do in the media rounds and how long he will last.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.