Wrestling Forum banner

Wade Barrett Discussion

55K views 573 replies 270 participants last post by  Roncaglione 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, seriously. That's the best the WWE writers could do with wade frickan barret.

Wade barret with fantastic promo's leading up to his return, the bare knuckle brawler, comes back how??.

First by the WWE telling the crowd and people on tv that he is up "NEXT" Ruining ANY surprise factor.

Then he comes out and destroyed yoshi tatsu with maybe one of the worst finishers I have seen in a long long time.

Then he cuts a 30 second promo about how he is "Open for business", meaning he has zero feuds RIGHT NOW, and he WILL wait until after NOC before he gets anything going.

So you let Wade frickan barret return and he is nearly completely forgotten already, with zero crowd reaction and hype.

Why could you not SAVE him for AFTER NOC, and debut him by **** kicking shaemus, which starts a feud between the irish fighter and the english brawler.

F*** this company sometimes.

See less See more
1 1
#512 ·
Re: What's the Souvenir now called?

Still doesn't look like a solid main-eventer finisher, but who knows.

I kind of liked it being called the Souvenir. Felt authentic.

#516 ·
Of course he would. The Corre was put together to get Ezekiel Jackson over as a babyface, that was the SOLE purpose of it. They completely sacrificed Barrett's credibility by making him do a bunch of jobs that essentially achieved nothing, they buried Barrett, and Zeke sucked so he obviously didn't get over.

That period is the most depressed I have ever been watching pro wrestling and it should NEVER happened. Barrett moving over to Smackdown should have meant one thing, he was getting a World Title. What they did to him was absolutely mindless and he still hasn't fully recovered from it.

#519 ·
Changing his finisher name fits Barret personality, hes the kind of guy that always come with cool ideas but he never finish them because he thought about other that he considers more cool and drop the current one, I'm sure on 2013 he gonna have a new gimmick, new finisher and a new remix of his shitty theme song.

#526 ·
Re: One Thing I'd Change About Barrett

:confused: I have no problem with that, it looks quite good.

Change his music, change his attire to something that stands out a little more, certainly change his booking (ie CM Punk length world title reign ~_____~), but his mannerisms are fine.

#527 ·

Why does it make you cringe? It's a pose that's unique to him, who cares.

I was SURE this would be about his music, flabbergasted it's about something as simple as a pre match pose. It's fine.

One thing I would change about Wade Barrett: HIS FUCKING BOOKING.

#530 · (Edited)

I didn't want to just talk about his music, that's been done to death.

I don't know why it makes me cringe, it just doesn't sit right with me, maybe it's because it doesn't receive any heat, he gets more when he just puts his arm up like Jericho and most heels do. I mean Orton's is cool, Edges was awesome, for Barrett it doesn't strike me as a main event pose. I think he has an image problem, he's improved immensely in ring, he still has the personality and mic skills but, swaggering to the ring, shacking his arm over and over and then doing that punch, just lacks creativeness to me. If he wants to get over his entrance needs to be changed, imo.

Don't get me wrong he's my favourite wrestler atm, but I think all aspects of his character should be looked at and to me his entrance(along with music of course) is lacklustre.

#534 · (Edited)

I like Barrett's current music. It makes sense - and it reminds me of the music scene in England when he would have been a young fellow. Of course, it makes me pee-in-my-pants excited that he might get a Manics theme. Don't fuck it up, WWE.

If I were to change anything, it would be how the prelude to his new finisher looks like a swing dancing step. I miss the Wasteland. "And I will show you fear in a handful of dust. . ." and all that.

And, of course, booking.

#540 ·

I like Barrett's current music. It makes sense - and it reminds me of the music scene in England when he would have been a young fellow. Of course, it makes me pee-in-my-pants excited that he might get a Manics theme. Don't fuck it up, WWE.

If I were to change anything, it would be how the prelude to his new finisher looks like a swing dancing step. I miss the Wasteland. "And I will show you fear in a handful of dust. . ." and all that.

And, of course, booking.
I was never a big fan of the wasteland, I never thought it looked powerful enough to put anyone out, especially the larger superstars.

The Bullhammer looks like it could fuck someone up bad, when done right.

#535 ·

I don't know I like that boom he does,So far the only thing I'd change about Barret is his entrance music even if I do like his current entrance music he should have something that makes his British colors stand out like Regal's theme for example.

#539 ·

Erm i'd change his theme and his finisher. He also needs many more signature wins, become more relevent, get lots more mic time (to show what he can do again) before he even gets near the main event. Oh and improve in the ring, hes so fucking bad in the ring its crazy. However I do like that boom and punch thing he does.

#541 ·

What about his shit finisher?

Just give him spinning side slam that he does as his finisher (the one Abyss does)

#543 ·

His music may remind you of the music scene in England, but I doubt the majority of the primary audience of America will give a damn about that, he needs music that transcends continents. I can't see how any one can say he is bad in the ring after the three matches with Sheamus where awesome, and the ones afterwards weren't bad either I believe (Orton I think).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.