Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Greenlawler
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Re: Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theidealstranger View Post
Standing 6'4'' and 285 pounds/120.7 Kgs with a good build and not a monstrous one like Brock Lesnar, What did you think worked in Goldberg's favor selling his streak and getting him as over as he was considering the kind of guys he had around at that time like Nash, Hall, Sid, Steiner, Hogan, Luger, The Giant who were either bigger in height/size or more muscular than him? Who else could have sold a streak like him, Vader?

I think Goldbeg's streak was simply an extension of his "look". He just knew how to carry himself. I mean the guys like The Warlord, Sid Vicious, and Vader had "looks" that made them every bit as imposing but none of them had the demeanor. The way they simply walked to the ring could not touch Goldberg's entrance.

I think allot of it had to do with the way WCW packaged him. In these cases the less the guy talked the more imposing he was. Same with Undertaker, once they started havong Goldberg talk the less intimidating he seemed.

I think fans do not realize how important the "show" is, and by that I mean the simple art of the ring entrance. In that respect Goldberg was one of the greatest of all time.

Last edited by Greenlawler; 09-27-2012 at 12:52 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome