Wrestling Forum banner

Smackdown 9/28/12 + WWE SMS/Superstars Results

22K views 216 replies 100 participants last post by  Figure4Leglock 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks to Aimee for the following WWE Superstars spoilers from tonight's tapings in Buffalo, NY:

WWE Saturday Morning Slam:

* Sin Cara beat an unknown wrestler that was wearing a mask.

* Daniel Bryan beat Tyson Kidd in a solid match. Kane came out during the match and made his pyro explode. Kane grabbed both belts and celebrated by himself after the match.

* The Miz beat Justin Gabriel.

WWE Superstars:

* Layla defeated Eve Torres in a non-title match.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Kofi Kingston in a rematch from RAW

Dark Match:

* Johnny Curtis beat Michael McGillicutty with a top rope leg drop.

WWE Smackdown:

* Big Show opens SmackDown and he's not happy. He wants the World Heavyweight Title. Randy Orton comes out and hypes their match tonight. Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Del Rio are out next. Del Rio says he's the one who should get the next title shot. Orton ended up hitting a RKO on Del Rio and facing off with Show.

* Antonio Cesaro defeated Santino Marella with the United States Title on the line.

* Beth Phoenix defeated Natalya. Beth received huge cheers in her hometown.

* Eve Torres comes out and announces that Beth Phoenix is suspended while the Kaitlyn attack from Night of Champions is investigated. Booker T comes out and reverses the suspension. Eve blames everything on Teddy Long and storms off.

* Wade Barrett beat Zack Ryder. Barrett won by pinfall.

* The Miz comes out for another MizTV segment. His guest is Sheamus but they're interrupted by Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero. They end up fighting and Sheamus cleans house.

* Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow defeated The Usos.

* Ryback squashed Tensai.

* Randy Orton vs. Big Show is up next. Alberto Del Rio attacks Orton as he's making his entrance.

* Big Show defeated Randy Orton in the main event. Show vs. Sheamus is announced for Hell In a Cell.

More Detailed:

-Big Show does a promo where he wants the world title which brought Orton out and then Del Rio came out....who ate an RKO.

-Antonio Cesaro defeated Santino Marella

-Beth Phoenix defeated Natalya (finally they let Beth win in her home town. After the ring entrances, they played the clips of RAW of Kane & Daniel. During this, there were tons of Welcome Home & Let's Go Buffalo chants. Beth tried to ignore them, but she did acknowledge them) This was a good match with some near finishes. After the match Eve came out and suspended Beth indefinitely.

-Backstage, Teddy and Booker T were talking about a tag team tournament when Beth walked in complaining. Booker T overruled Eve who then accused Teddy of setting her up.

-Wade Barrett defeated Zack Ryder

-The Miz TV show with Sheamus as the guest. The beginning was good as Sheamus as channeling The Rock with his "no one asked you" genre. Vicky & Dolph came down. Sheamus attached MIz and Dolph attacked Sheamus who cleared the ring of the both of them.

-Tag Team Tournament....Round One (brackets are at the end of report)

The Rhodes Scholars (Cody & Sandow) quickly defeated The Usos.

-Ryback easily defeated Tensai. Many "Feed Me More" chants.

-backstage- Del Rio attacked Orton

-Big Show comes out for his match and then Del Rio comes out and says that he will fight the Big Show. Orton attacks him from behind. It was an ok match with Big Show controlling most of the match. The end came when Orton tried an RKO but Big Show kicked out of it...Big Show with 2 choke slams for the clean pin. The Big Show left the ring as Orton layed there....Big Show came back in and gave Orton the WMD. Del Rio then came back out and attacked Orton. It took FOREVER for the refs and Booker T to come out for the save...end of taping

-Dark Match- Sheamus defeated Del Rio with the brogue kick.

Afterwards, Sheamus spent a long time with the crowd before Lillian sent everyone home.

NOTES:

-There was the disco ball hanging from the ceiling.....3,897,546 kids were expecting Brodus Clay as they were chanting his name all night. No Brodus Clay...I hope Vince can be happy for disappointing all those kids.

-Tickets go on sale ASAP for Monday Night RAW on March 4, 2013 in Buffalo.

-POPS
-Daniel Bryan
-Beth Phoenix (home town)
-Ziggler (more face pops than heel)

-HEAT
-Tensai (as in X-Pac heat)
-Miz
-Cesaro

TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT BRACKETS
Marella/ Ryder vs Gabriel /Kidd
Kingston/R-Truth vs Prime Time Players
Epic/Primo vs Mysterio /Sin Cara

WINNERS to face Kane/Bryan

Dot Net readers Michael Straw and Don Daly are at the WWE Smackdown taping in Buffalo, New York and are sending the following notes.

Big Show came to the ring, took the mic, and declared he wants the championship. Randy Orton interrupted to loud cheers. Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez came out. All three want the match against Seamus for the title. Orton RKO'd Del Rio and then all three ended up leaving the ring.

1. Antonio Cesaro defeated Santino Marella to retain the U.S. Championship.

2. Beth Phoenix defeated Natalya. Beth received huge cheers in her hometown.

Eve came out and announced that Beth Phoenix has been indefinitely suspended per an investigation into the Kaitlyn situation from Night of Champions. However, Booker T immediately reversed the suspension. Eve blamed Teddy Long and made Booker wonder whether he can trust Long.

3. Wade Barrett pinned Zack Ryder. Barrett won by pinfall.

The second installment of Miz TV took place. Sheamus came out immediately. A few minutes later, Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler came out. They had a word battle over Sheamus's title. A fight ensued and Sheamus cleared the ring.

4. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow defeated The Uso Brothers.

5. Ryback defeated Tensai. Huge response for Ryback, who picked up Tensai over his head and slammed him down for the win. Wow.

6. Big Show defeated Randy Orton. Alberto Del Rio came out. He beat up Orton backstage. Orton was hurt from the attack. Orton whacked Alberto and headed to the stage. Show ended up chokeslamming and pinning Orton.

See less See more
#111 ·
The diva segments were fantastic tonight! I hope this trend continues. Beth/Natalya was over.... hometown be damned!

That match headlined on a PPV would draw. Idc who the crowd is.

#128 ·
The lift up wasn't very clean but he held the guy up and did his marching routine so he's definitely very strong I'd say. I remember him having the same trouble with Swagger though. He could lift the guy up as dead weight but he only did that because the initial lift wasn't clean. That's one thing he will have to improve on a bit.

#121 ·
It felt like the show had taken a big step back after last weeks very entertaining broadcast. The matches were okay and the segments weren’t anything outstanding, so it’s back to normal on the blue brand I guess. They really need to include the Tag Team Champions on the show next week, even just a couple of segments or a match will add some needed interest and excitement.

#127 ·
Tensai/Ryback was done well. Never realised how tall Tensai was before, he towered all over Ryback.

#130 ·
Ryback is FAR bigger than Goldberg. I don't see how a 240 lbs guy is supposed to be stronger than a 290 lbs guy, unless either one of them was a powerlifter, which Goldberg was not. Doing a Jackhammer and a Fallaway Slam are not the same thing anyway.

#134 ·
I reckon he could but I do think you have a point. He's not as strong as he looks but once he had Tensai on his shoulders it's easy pickings. Honestly, I don't think his strength (or lack thereof) is his biggest issue, it's that setup. He's doing a running Samoan Drop essentially but he sets it up with a Fisherman. With bigger guys who will need to jump to get picked up, it's going to be a problem. He might need to alter that.
Hopefully he does alter it because that move is shit.

RyBack doesn't do a Fallaway Slam, he does a modified Fisherman's Suplex, and the Jackhammer is a far harder position to get a big guy up in.

Goldberg lifted up Big Show vertically when he was 550 with ease, RyBack is struggling to lift a 360 lb guy like Tensai.

#138 ·
They really put three of the most boring talkers in the ring to cut a promo? Dorito, Pig Slow, and Boreton?

I'm a complete Orton mark and will always love him, but his character is beyond stale and boring right now.

OH thank god it ended with an RKO, and quick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.